PDA

View Full Version : Power tube problem

DaXtremeist
03-07-2002, 12:06 PM
ok its not my gun but its my friends his powertube tip keeps coming undone while on the field playing. it will unscrew by itself while in game and it will leak like mad. we tried everything new powertube o-rings , teflon taping the powertube tip (soon gona try red loctite since its making both of us extremely mad) anyways anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Thanks

davej946
03-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Is there an o-ring on the powertube tip itself? if not, there should be...

Good Luck ~

DaXtremeist
03-07-2002, 12:39 PM
yah there is.... but when we screw on the powertube tip it doesn't feel like the o-ring touches the powertube.

Butterfingers
03-07-2002, 12:52 PM
make sure you have a functional powertube bumper

Predater
03-07-2002, 10:01 PM
if you end up using lock tite use the blue dot. it will hold. its what i use on all my air fittings, not teflontape. the red is like welding it together. it will be a ***** to get off.

anthraxxx
03-08-2002, 07:53 AM
Damn it. You know I read this post yesterday and didn't think anything of it and then when I went out to play last night I noticed a hissing sound coming from my marker. I thought of this post and checked the pt tip. Sure enough it has loosened. I tightened it with a coin and checked it after another game and the same thing. I changed the tip o-ring and the same thing happened again. Fortunately it never (or never had the chance) to work its way totally loose but it is bumming me out. Turns out the leak was elsewhere on the marker but still what a pain. I have no idea why it is happening, anyone have a suggestion besides locktite or teflon?

DaXtremeist
03-08-2002, 08:34 AM
ok i found out what the problem was. its the o-ring on the powertube tip. the one that you get in the automag kits do not have that specific o-ring in there. the powertube o-ring and powertubetip o-ring are 2 different sizes and if that powertube tip o-ring is replaced with a powertube o-ring that comes in the parts kit it will not be a correct match and is to loose. call agd to get the correct o-ring for the powertube tip.