PDA

View Full Version : intelliframe vs. stock frame trigger guard length

dyerules
03-07-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm really considering getting an intelliframe to replace my stock grip. What i need to know is how much or how less does the intellframe handle(the bottom)of the grip go down than the stock frame. Also how much more does the front of the trigger guard come out and go down for compared to the stock frame(since it's a double trigger) . I'm just afraid that I'll have to get a different drop if its to short and a new front grip/handle depending on the trigger guard. If anybody has picks or measuremnts i'll really really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Predater
03-07-2002, 04:51 PM
the trigger guard goes streight doun. it is right after the verticle air port. if your using an xchamber for a foregrip you will probably have to extend it forward or get a new drop. as for how far down the fraim goes, i think it is about the same as the stock one except isnt at as much of a slant.

splat15k
03-07-2002, 04:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing myself.

dyerules
03-08-2002, 06:38 AM
Ya i'm using an x-chamber caus ei used to ruin co2 but theres no gas lines running from the chamber to the gun so getting an extension shouldn't be a problem. And now that i think about it if i get and extension for the fornt grip i won't need to worry about the drop-forward hitting the grip:) Thanks for the help

Autotrigger
03-08-2002, 02:53 PM
You definatly won't be able to run an expansion chamber with the Intelliframe unless you get a rail extender! You can however run a gas-thru grip or a standard fore-grip. The handles drop down about the same, but the 45 grip frames ( DYE, Benchmark,Intelliframe etc.) angle is not as steep so the drop forward will sit slightly more forward then with the stock trigger frame. This can cause a clearance problem with certain drop forwards. An example would be the Lapco drop forward.