PDA

View Full Version : PowerFeed Emag Extreem?

Magnus1028
03-07-2002, 09:21 PM
Is this idea even being considered?
Thanks

oneshot
03-07-2002, 09:36 PM
I don't think it is, I believe , that it will only be verticle, warp, or maybe trapdoor , feeds, on the extremes

tremis
03-07-2002, 09:48 PM
Of course, a third party could always make an aftermarket powerfeed module. Not sure that they would, but they could.

Tremis

nutz
03-07-2002, 09:54 PM
oneshot whats a trap door module? is that the one in prototype lab
? :confused:

PAINTBALLA01
03-07-2002, 10:18 PM
yes nutz that is the thing in the prototype lab. why would you want powerfeed anyways. imo the vertical feed is better for hopper.

Potatoboy
03-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Vertical feed is technically slower than powerfeed would be in this application. During the Fantasy emag contest Hexis' design incorporated powerfeed modules. I believe Tom stated at one point that it was a good idea, but since the breech is only held on by a couple threads of the barrel, having the weight of the hopper offset to the marker could cause the module to come out. It was never officially ruled out as an option, but as far as I know the only modules in works are centerfeed and warp feed.

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-08-2002, 02:36 AM
centerfeed is slower. get a halo, problem solved.

lopxtc
03-08-2002, 07:14 AM
It wouldnt be that hard to put in an angled set-screw off the main body. That way you could tighten down the set-screw after the module is in place ...
To me this would seem to be a good way to go in any instance ... there are still peoople who take the barrels off to try and clean them quickly in games ... I could just imagine the breech falling out in the middle of a game *L*

Aaron

Originally posted by PotatoBoy
I believe Tom stated at one point that it was a good idea, but since the breech is only held on by a couple threads of the barrel, having the weight of the hopper offset to the marker could cause the module to come out.

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-08-2002, 12:02 PM
the module body is only held in by the body? that's going to cause some problems. if and when you break, when you go to clean it out, you're screwed. i dont't know man, there should be some sort of lock on it or something.

headcase
03-08-2002, 12:14 PM
The breech is locked in place by the barrel, but it also has two "legs" that extend towards the gripframe. These also help to keep the breech in place. I really don't think that the powerfeed would cause any problems, but then again I'm making observations, I'm not testing it. As far as cleaning the barrel on the field, how many people still do this? I might be just me, but I just keep shooting and eventually the barrel will clean it's self. This is of course assuming you've choosen a barrel with good self cleaning properties.

I guess if you are playing in the woods you would have enough time/space to clean the barrel, but in most tourny/speedball cases, I just don't have the time to do it. I haven't carried a squeegie onto a field in years.

headcase
03-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Looking at it again, if you are using a warp breech you shouldn't have any problems taking the barrel off during a game. The breech SHOULD stay on the marker, even with the barrel off, assuming you aren't moving around. Now with the vert feed and a hopper on top, I think you are screwed. Any way, removing a cocker threaded barrel on the field is crazy, it takes all day to unscrew one.