PDA

View Full Version : Extreme powerfeed

Wayland Fong
03-08-2002, 04:26 AM
i dont get it. if Mags got so much blowback, and chop less with powerfeeds, then why do Emag Extremes use vertical feeds??? does this mean that i should be able to use a vert feed on my Mag without chopping problems? and anyone with a Classic Mag and an Emag/RT mainbody, i know about the square and round pims. but do you actually have to modify your rail or force the mainbody on, or does it fit in nicely?

jeffremiller
03-08-2002, 05:46 AM
The powerfeed is a faster feed due to the stack bobble issue that Tom talked about in November. The extreme has a verticle feed because that's what people want... not because it's necessarily better. It is better from a balance standpoint just not from a feed standpoint.

I'll try to draw a diagram to explain stack bounce/bobble as well as Tom did. It might take me awhile though.

J_

mykroft
03-08-2002, 11:28 AM
The new Long-nose bolt pretty much eliminates blowback as a problem with Mags. It was developed to make the Vertical Feed E-Mag and RT Pro possible, as well as to reduce problems with older Mags.

Temo Vryce
03-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Some people like the Hooper centre, other like powerfeed, and the smart ones like the Warpfeed.