PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout to Wisconsin based Players...

Kajo
03-08-2002, 08:24 AM
Weird, of all the paintball related forums I browse this one seems to be the most pro-wisconsin, tons of people from wisconsin seem to be posting here, especially that whole whitewater team. Does wisconsin have a high mag population? I used to shoot one, now using an impulse.

Everyone from Wisconsin should post up where they play, and we should have a big get together at a field sometime. Myself, I play for Team Flying Balls based out at Apocalypse Paintball in Madison... I however, am from Wausau.

Kajo out-

subbeh
03-08-2002, 08:42 AM
I'm from central Wisconsin, Wisconsin Rapids. I shoot an RT Mag...

Yo :)

We play in our own field we've made, BTW, because there aren't really any fields real close by. Most of my friends shoot spyders or clones but we got 2 mags in the group. Me and my friends would definatly be interested in a big game... we are completely rec ball though so I doubt we are up to as high as a caliber as some of you guys :)

oneshot
03-08-2002, 08:45 AM
I play at paintball sams alot during the summer, recently I have been playing at, screamin acres, we practice at the edge, in janesville:D

At sams, there are at least 20plus emags, butterscotch yo plays there alot, they are some cool guys, Even the great Mr. Tom Kaye shows up at sams at least once or twice every summer, it is mag heaven.:D

Cozmo51
03-08-2002, 08:51 AM
i basically play in southeastern wisconsin usually at paintball sams and practice with UWM at screamin acres.

meeting tom kaye has to be the greatest event to happen at sams and like oneshot said it is magheaven, all e-mags.

Scooter/Cootie
03-08-2002, 09:57 AM
I play and ref at Paintball Sam's in Racine (Waterford).

I think Wisconsin has a large mag population because AGD is so close.

Look at California as an example. WGP is based in LA (I believe) and California is cocker country. Same for Smart Parts in Pennsylvania, you mostly see Impulse's and Shockers out that'd way.

Location has a big influence. :)

Kajo
03-08-2002, 10:08 AM
Do you guys play Enigma at Screaming Acres? We were thinking about actually going and playing there sunday unless the weather changes and melts some snow at apocalypse.

Kajo out-

oneshot
03-08-2002, 10:25 AM
I have played against them, at screamin:D

MiCRoFooL
03-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Hells yeah man

I play with UWM at Screamin Acres... we'll be there on Sunday. I/we play at Paintball Dave's, Sam's, Junglecat, and a little pirate woods ball as well.

I as well as a bunch of the UWM team use EMags, some have RT's. It does seem like Wisconsin is a mag happy kinda state. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:D

skipdogg
03-08-2002, 11:15 AM
I/we play at Apoc. Sam's (big games only), I'll be in the Stalker 3 man novice circuit this summer. Also play at screamin acres. Have played at Jungle cat. Don't usually play Dave's. And in illinois we go to CPX or country club. Havent been to fox valley in a while but have played there.
So, can Flying balls play in the Apoc tournies?? I see your listed as a "home" team. We'll be playing the Novice 3man in April.

As for getting together, it's been talked about. A bunch of us have met at Screamin acres. We should ALL get together sometime though.
And i agree Mags are popular in WI because were close to the factory.

Kajo
03-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah,

Flying Balls can play at the apoc tourneys, we just can't collect prizes or anything else. We are lined up to play all the 5 mans there. We might try and hit up some 3 mans as well, some stalker tourneys, and then the Chicago show once.

Kajo out-

Kajo
03-08-2002, 12:32 PM
Incidentally,

I have heard some things about screaming acres, one of which is that it's in a horse barn and everything coming out smells like horses? Is that true, I'm gonna wear some old crap then...

Also, whats the temperature inside, enough to need some sort of sweatshirt or something or can you just long sleeve or t-shirt it?

Thanks
Kajo out-

PS - How did you guys do against Enigma?

MiCRoFooL
03-08-2002, 12:38 PM
yeah to all... hehe

The indoor is in a horse barn, and you will smell of the horse's poo poo when you leave. Just like if you visit a farm... it does wash out... it's not as if you're rolling around in the horse apples.:D

You can get away with wearing a long sleeve. It is quite comfortable on the field.

There is an outdoor area as well, that does not involve horse poopies. :D

pumpamatic
03-08-2002, 03:08 PM
I play on occasion at Stalker. I live 20 minutes from them. Mostly me and the gang play private land. This summer I will play a ton at Stalker, all my friends and I will have driver's licenses. We will probably have 2 teams from Mauston playing the Novice mini-series. I guess stalker will be throwing a 15th anniversary bash and have the Grand Opening of an Ultimate Air field, sounds awesome. I would like to try out Apocalypse.I shoot a mag, I never seem to see any Mags for sale at stores, but I have seen an average number of classics and rt's. It seems like most the guys on the forums play at Sam's and are not far from the Chicago border.

Hysperion
03-08-2002, 03:46 PM
i play indoor at pb daves and outdoor at sams...

Metzger
03-08-2002, 06:55 PM
hey I stop at appoc. every once and a while. I love that place cause it attracts a lot of different type of players. I see a lot of mags around there. Well just wanna say WISCONSIN RULES!

wimag
03-08-2002, 07:42 PM
i frequent Stalker and Apocolypse. Both about 20 minutes from me. As far as Stalkers grand bash register early, the owner told me he is limiting it to 100 players or so.
Basically all over for the bigger outdoor games and Daves indoor tournies.

pumpamatic
03-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Hey WImag, do you know the cost of the anniversary? I'll have to talk with mike sometime soon.

Kajo
03-08-2002, 11:08 PM
Sounds like most everyone has been to apoc and it's pretty central, maybe we should try and plan something there during the summer?

Kajo out-

wimag
03-09-2002, 02:29 AM
pumpamatic: i am stopping in there tomorrow, i will ask mike what it costs and any other info. will post something on it tomorrow.

Jesse
04-03-2002, 04:58 PM
I am from Wisconsin also, Brookfield area, mag shooter (though my mag is like 6 years old). Damn dependable gun, wouldn't trade it for anything.

Used to play casual rec ball but my friends all decided to have kids and trade thier markers for diapers and formula.

So....looking for some people to play/meet up with for some fun at fields or private land. I am a bit of a stray as I don't know anyone who plays anymore. I'll be checking here alot but if anyone has a mailing list or knows of a website to hook up with local players that would help alot.

Jesse

nutz
04-03-2002, 07:06 PM
im close to WI (north of chicago) and have ne of u ever played at R&S paintball in zion??? its an indoor sup air and its pretty nice

phish
04-03-2002, 08:07 PM
i live in germantown, i play at screamin acres and mpc, i plan to hit the outdoor screamin acres field often this summer. I shoot a mag, also.

MiCRoFooL
04-03-2002, 08:23 PM
Phish

MPC isn't open yet, is it? I think I'm gonna have to be there on Friday! Still waiting for pics of the fields... it says on the website April 1st they were going to update the pics... suns'o'guns.

http://www.milwaukeepaintball.com

Can't wait.

phish
04-03-2002, 08:27 PM
yep they open friday, my friends work there and the bunkers will be made of wood for awhile i guess. The fields arent even done yet apparently. im going saturday.

Snooky
04-03-2002, 11:53 PM
i gotto apoc pretty often.

subbeh - there is a field over near adams and friendship. i have a summer home on lake camelot. check that field out its only a little drive out to there and apoc is only and hour and 30 mins away.

MPC-Tim
04-04-2002, 07:26 AM
Yes, MPC will be open on Friday night, Sat and Sunday. The fields are coming together a little later than scheduled, but they will be ready for this weekend. The pics will be up on the website Friday. We are currently expecting 60+ people for the Friday Night Fighting event.

BTAutoMag
04-04-2002, 07:42 AM
i live in sheboygan county and there is an indoor field near me that charges an arm and a leg so i dont go there much but there is another field around here that closed its doors to the public and only lets in the VIP (all his friends who play regularly there) i happen to be on the list and its a decent field that isnt to expensive. its right in my home town so if ya wanna come just ask

skipdogg
04-04-2002, 08:13 AM
Fellow Ao'ers. IF any of you are coming this friday Let the staff know when you get there so us AO guys can meet and stuff, or ask around for the Psycho Cows, and you'll find us.

Jesse
04-04-2002, 02:40 PM
Will be there to check it out on Friday. Any chance to get a visitors pass? ;). Likely won't be able to play this Friday but I would like to see the facility and meet some of the fellow Ao'ers.

I used to play primarily at Sam's in Racine and APOC (nice field, great people) outside of Madison. I will be at Sam's big game on the 4th of May and will prolly drive to Apoc this Sat. Anyone gathering elsewhere this Sat?

Jesse

Jesse
04-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Will be there to check it out on Friday. Any chance to get a visitors pass? ;). Likely won't be able to play this Friday but I would like to see the facility and meet some of the fellow Ao'ers.

I used to play primarily at Sam's in Racine and APOC (nice field, great people) outside of Madison. I will be at Sam's big game on the 4th of May and will prolly drive to Apoc this Sat. Anyone gathering elsewhere this Sat?

Jesse

MiCRoFooL
04-04-2002, 04:46 PM
I might be able to make it to MPC friday night... if not to play, then just to check it out and hang out. Saturday the UWM (and I believe the UWW) team(s) will be down in Villa Grove, Il. at Sniper Jack's for the MICT tourney.

LaW
04-04-2002, 04:52 PM
Well I won't be there friday, i work till midnight then I have to drive 5hrs to a tournament in illinois... so after work at 2am i'm driving :) oh well not a big loss...

alkafluence
07-04-2002, 11:48 AM
I happened to get a hold of this "older" thread while searching for some stuff on UWM's Paintball club.

Reason why, is that I attend what everyone seems to term "UW Marquette." I sure wish Marquette had a paintball club, and I was just curious where you guys at the UWM paintball club play and what your organization was like.

Law- I went to your web page and it gives your name as MB yet the web page is under jbrunner? Is that another guy in the UWM Paintball club?

If so, I'm pretty sure I ran into him at Summerfest last night, as he was wearing a JT jersey that had "Jay" on the back.

But anywhooo... what's up with everyone getting together sometime at some central field?

Kajo
10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
So how about that get together? This thread is DEADER THAN DEAD but if anyone is up for some good old automag bag 'em and tag 'em I play at Apocalypse and Breakaway regularly. A little older and slower but still throwing the paint none the less :)

IrishRedneck86
10-12-2011, 10:01 PM
well im just on the border but ref at RHC Paintballs fields in richmond IL just south of Twin Lakes we got and end of the season big game this SAT and myself and our Field Manager both run mags all the time

I have played at Breakaway and CMP I havent been to Sam's in years but looking to go again soon

MeŠiCX
10-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Boneyard Paintball in Plymouth, WI. Great field, great staff and lowest prices around. We only carry Valken paintballs. New airball field will be 100% for Spring 2012. Check us out!
www.boneyardpaintball.com

rifleman wi
10-13-2011, 06:46 AM
What will be open in the beginning of January? That is when i will be home for leave..

10-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Theres a scenario game going on at Apocs this Sunday
Ill be there
A WI/AO meet would be awesome

bbotts77
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
well im just on the border but ref at RHC Paintballs fields in richmond IL just south of Twin Lakes we got and end of the season big game this SAT and myself and our Field Manager both run mags all the time

I have played at Breakaway and CMP I havent been to Sam's in years but looking to go again soon
I'll have to check you guys out next season. I've heard good things. I'm just a couple towns away and have been trying to hit a few more local fields lately.

wimag
10-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Theres a scenario game going on at Apocs this Sunday
Ill be there
A WI/AO meet would be awesome

really ? No mention of it no their site. If it is going on that would be great, 15 minutes from the house.

skipdogg
10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
What will be open in the beginning of January? That is when i will be home for leave..

The new Brew City Indoor should be open. In Waukesha...

rifleman wi
10-13-2011, 02:08 PM
isnt there a place on howell in milwaukee across from the airport?

The new Brew City Indoor should be open. In Waukesha...

Storminnorman
10-13-2011, 02:35 PM
cmp no longer does paintball only laser tag. Its tactical laser tag but still laser tag.

wimag
10-13-2011, 02:36 PM
isnt there a place on howell in milwaukee across from the airport?

CMP. lazertag. no paintball anymore

rifleman wi
10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Aww GAY!!

CMP. lazertag. no paintball anymore

Storminnorman
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Well laser tag paid the bills paintball did not. Was awesome while it was there though.

Kajo
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
We will be out once more this year in November at action packed or breakaway. I'll post the date when I have it to see if any AOers want to go. After that we might switch to indoor... Depends if Brew City Paintball lives up to what they are hyping.

Didn't see any other automags yesterday at apocalypse.