PDA

View Full Version : I'm confuse

gothicel
03-08-2002, 10:29 AM
Ok, I'm confuse... what and where does the ANS Gen X regulator go? I mean does it interface with the tank or replace the regulator of the tank?

there are so many regulators I don't quite know which regulator goes where. I have an RT valve on a classic body, I like the gray-black looks of the classic btw. Oh yeh, I have the Intelliframe all hook up too.

Mainly, I'm looking for a tank to give me a little more uvmp. I notice I have to refil my tank (Crossfire 47 ci 3k psi) every set I play, which is not a biggie since I got my own scuba tanks and everything setup nicely, I have an extention hose on the scube tank so it never have to leave my car trunk. I'm looking at the Flatline 4500, the PMI THOR, and the Smart Parts Max Flow. For the most part, I'm thinking I should get a 88ci 4500 tank. I know I can't fill all of the 4500 psi tank with my 3k scuba tank.

TheTramp
03-08-2002, 10:48 AM
If you want to get more shots out of you tank you need to get a bigger tank. Try a 68ci or an 88ci. Adding extra regs will not help your performance. A 68ci 3000psi Flatline would be perfect for your Retro.

gothicel
03-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Adding extra regs will not help your performance.

But what does the ANS Gen X regulator do? and where does it go?

Originally posted by TheTramp
If you want to get more shots out of you tank you need to get a bigger tank. Try a 68ci or an 88ci. A 68ci 3000psi Flatline would be perfect for your Retro.

I definitely see the point of a larger tank, too bad there are no 88 ci 3000 psi Flatline, I just for some reason (hehe, money is burning a hole in my pocket) think that I need a 88 ci tank. a light and compact one too, hehe.

soilent green
03-08-2002, 10:57 AM
the gen x is a secondary reg meant to screw into a vert asa you DON"T want one on a mag

dogEmedic
03-08-2002, 11:04 AM
You would use the gen x to lower the pressure going into your gun, but you would be better off buying a 68-3k or better yet 4.5k adjustable tank. You really should'nt use three regulators on you mag because it could cause shootdown, buy a adjustable tank and run it into your rt valve.

TheTramp
03-08-2002, 12:39 PM
What they said.:D

mykroft
03-08-2002, 02:20 PM
OK, regulators regulate the flow of air through them. The Gen-X is what is commonly called a Secondary Regulator, or what Palmer calls a male regulator, as it has a male ASA adaptor on one end. On a Mag, it would thread into a Vertical ASA adaptor mountedon the front of the body rail, right in front of your grip frame (If you don't have the mounting hole, there will be a cover you can punch out fron the top of the rail, you would have to disassemble the marker to do this). The Gen-X, or any other secondary reg will allow you to vary the input pressure to the marker as well as stabilizing that input pressure. Now the Mag already has an internal reg, and regulators inherently restrict airflow, so if you have too many regs daisy chained, the airflow may be restricted to a point where it affects the performance of the gun. With the reg in your air system (Even the presets have regs) and the one in your mag, you should have no need for a secondary reg. With the secondary reg, you may see shoot-down when rapid-firing, as the restriction of flow drops the available airflow to below that necesary to recharge the gun. This usually isn't a problem with a high-flow reg like the Palmer Stabilizer or Smart parts Max-Flow inline reg, itmay be a problem with the Gen-X, as it's flow restriction is greater. Secondary regs are necessary on guns like cockers, which have no internal regs, and those with a restricted input pressure, like the Angel or Bushmaster, which normally come with a secondary or High-Pressure Reg, as it is also sometimes is called (Yeah, I know that's confusing)

theraidenproject
03-08-2002, 03:25 PM
heres a pic of it on a gun. its the part that looks like a foregrip...
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1677_478053