PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dye Sticky Grips

SentinalZero
03-08-2002, 12:51 PM
Ok I have a question for anyone that has Dye Sticky Grips and a Double Trigger frame.

Question: Did you have to make any modifications to the grips after you bought them?

Reason I ask, I giving serious thought about getting Sticky grips for my RT and Spyder Shutter.. Both of which have double triggers w/ guards, and al the stores I've looked at don't specify whether or not the grips are made for single or double trigger frames.

Thanx in advance!

-SZ

mykroft
03-08-2002, 01:04 PM
I've never had any problems, but I have seen 2 problems.

1. Need to trim grips for trigger guard. This is a problem on some frames, but easily fixable.

2. Grips too small. Stretch them onto the frame, may cause tearing on Angel LED's

SentinalZero
03-08-2002, 01:09 PM
"1. Need to trim grips for trigger guard. This is a problem on some frames, but easily fixable."

I'm assuming something like an exacto knife or a razor would be ideal for this task, correct?

Predater
03-08-2002, 01:11 PM
if the trigger guard curves back up to the gun before it hits the frame(the intelliframe) the grips will fit fine. on the frames that have a guard that goes directly to the gun(benchmark 2x) you will probably have to trim the grips. i personally dont like the benchy 2x because the guard bugs me. i love my intelliframe.

2000Sabre
03-08-2002, 01:14 PM
I installed DYE Sticky's on my RT Pro. I replaced my stock AGD frame with a Benchmark 2X frame and added the sticky grips. I ended up having to cut the top finger groove so the trigger guard would fit. I simply used a sharp pair of scissors to remove the material. If you take your time and remove a little bit at of material you'll be fine. LOL

SentinalZero
03-08-2002, 01:14 PM
Well, unfortunately, in this case my RT does have a Benchmark frame (I bought it used, and that's the farme it had when I got it.)

Thanks though!

pumpamatic
03-08-2002, 02:58 PM
My biggest complaint is that the screws DYE gives you with the stickies don't even fit on DYE's trigger frame. Other than that when I first bought them last summer they were the most comfortable grips I have used, but now companies like Extreme Rage and Smart Parts are coming out with new grips, haven't tried them. Still, I love my stickies.