PDA

View Full Version : Excuses to get out of work?

XspyX
03-08-2002, 03:10 PM
Ok, I am working Saturday but I need to get Sunday off. So, I'm going to call in sick but I need a good excuse. I was thinking about Pink Eye, thats a good one and it comes on pretty sudden. Perhaps, Strep Throat?

Whats a good one?

~Backdraft~
03-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Tell them you got hit by a car walking home from work sat. night...or tell them you sprained your ankle falling on ice.

tell them your grandmother died...tell them you have herpes

boss_automager
03-08-2002, 03:34 PM
How about your Potbelly North Viatnemese pig was hit by a car but the Pink Eye one could work.

:cool: :D AO member 4 life :cool: :D
members:2

Thordic
03-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Tell them you have diarhhea. It works every time, because you can't work if you have a bad case of it, and most people wouldn't admit to it unless it was really bad. Have no shame, go for it!!! :)

Jon/xpm
03-08-2002, 03:55 PM
go in work sunday!!!
have one of your friends call in!
and say its your mother and
say your dog was hit by a car
and you need to come HOME!

beam
03-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Guys, guys, guys....didn't you learn anything from that super bolt liar kid????

You don't want to go lying to your employer. Be honest with them....You really can not work on Sunday. You have a prior engagement. Heck...a little initiative like, "I got Freddy to work for me." will get you a lot further than, "My dog ate my homework."

Come on...be mature and responsible...lying may seem like the easy way out...but it can come and bite you in the rear.

One last thought: If you are willing to risk LOSING your job by lying to get a day off. Why not just QUIT??? Then after Sunday...go find a new job. I mean, hey, at least it would be HONEST!!!:confused:

XspyX
03-08-2002, 04:07 PM
diarhhea, that sounds like a good one. I'll probably use that one.

" I was up all night w/ diarhhea and I still have it. I might have to see a doctor... "

Beautiful! :D

-§on-
03-09-2002, 01:26 PM
crapping your brains, A classic...

XspyX
03-09-2002, 03:32 PM
Even better

"I was up with a migrane all night, I had to go to the hospital and they gave me some pain killers. I'm really light headed..."

Arman/XPM
03-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Call in Dead - Works everytime!:D:D:D:D:D
-Arman

Jacob
03-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Arman/XPM
Call in Dead - Works everytime!:D:D:D:D:D
-Arman

Wow, you're boss is nice, mine would still make me work.

Seriously though, make sure it's nothing that would really require medical attention. If you say you broke you're leg, and come in Mon. without a cast, some people might just start to wonder. And don't make the mistake of stopping in at work the day you call out either. I work retail, and a while back one kid called in to say he had gotten into a fight with his father and couldn't come in. A few hours later he stopped by and stocked up on beach supplies, and the next day he came in with something of a tan. Kinda makes you wonder.

Restola
03-09-2002, 07:24 PM
i have never been questioned on the good old fashioned "im not feeling good today" call off. the fact is that excuse is so LAME they know you would try to use it unless you really arent feeling good.

PyRo
03-10-2002, 12:46 AM
Find someone who is sick, hang around them. Then you get sick, and don't have to lie :) Where do you work BTW, would your emplyer even case if you asked for the day off?

Miscue
03-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Here's one: I was at the gas station and when I pulled the nozzle off the pump, it splashed me in the eye with gasoline. My eye is really irritated and I can't keep it open for very long. I wouldn't do you guys much good at work, and I don't think I can drive myself safely right now anyway.

See the trick is if you have a long story like this, it's a lot more believable. :)

theraidenproject
03-10-2002, 08:03 PM
Look in a medical book for 24 hour afflictions, that way, you can come in like nothing's wrong next work day. Find something kind of uncommon, but not rare, to give it an aire of authenticity. make sure to memorize some symptoms if pumped for details. one tip, MAKE SURE that it can occur in your area, cuz if they look it up and find out its only in the south pacific islands, your busted.

deded
03-11-2002, 02:35 AM
"I just joined a cult, and they said If I work on Sundays that I have to sacrifice my employer. I reaaaally want to come to work, but I shouldn't for your own good."

Or

Tell them you have a really sore tooth, and are currently on the prescribed Vicodin... which makes you loopy and post really long boring posts on AO that nobody likes and will probably ruin your whole online reputation forever and ever...;)

FooTemps
03-11-2002, 04:30 AM
Can I use any of these to get out of school? I have to tell it to my parents so they let me stay home...

Thordic
03-11-2002, 07:27 AM
You can fake diarhhea. Its easy. Just go into the bathroom and lot and dump water into the toilet. It'll sound like a really nasty case of diarhhea if you do it right :) For parents, faking vomiting is much easier.

So Spy, did it work? What excuse did you go with? :)

XspyX
03-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Yea, it worked. It was 11am and I was half-way across state when I called. I was supposed to come in at 12. I said I had the squirts and I had a long night.

Worked like a charm.

Course, if they asked me to come in anyway...I still wouln't have been able to. I was 100 miles away!