PDA

View Full Version : A.I.R. Question

Vex
03-08-2002, 03:46 PM
The laser engraving on my Minimag's A.I.R. doesn't align perfectly anymore (I've replaced the parts in it a few times) It's only off my millimeters, but is this something I should be worried about? It doesn't seem to affect the reg at all. It really bugs the crap out of me though...

:confused:

Autotrigger
03-08-2002, 04:17 PM
Does the valve leak between the halves when you line the words up? If not then line them up! If it does leak then try replacing the seal between the valve halves with one from AGD and not one of the 32* ones!

Vex
03-08-2002, 04:46 PM
I don't know if it leaks or not...I haven't played with it in the aligned position since the first time I changed out all of the seals and o-rings. If the engraving is aligned, then the two halves aren't tight, and I've been worried that damage might occur if they are left that way during play. I only use geniune AGD parts kits.

:D

Autotrigger
03-08-2002, 05:05 PM
I have owned approx. 15 Mags and I have always aligned the Automag/Minimag engraving wether it was completely tight or not. No damage has ever occurred and I don't believe that anything could! Also, they have never leaked! I just snug the halves until the engraving lines up and leave alone. Try it and it won't drive you nuts anymore!

Vex
03-08-2002, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I can relax about it now...:D

Army
03-08-2002, 07:49 PM
It won't hurt anything, nor is it dangerous. The back half simply rotates a tiny bit, but the pin in the groove will stop it from going any further. It's totally normal.

PyRo
03-09-2002, 08:19 PM
As long as you have the pin thing on the reg, you have nothing to worry about.