PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to shortin trigger pull on an Intelli-frame.(without messing up my mag)

Jason Reed
03-08-2002, 05:38 PM
I have an Intell-frame but I still want a shorter trigger pull. I thought about milling the trigger but that might cause problems. I want a short trigger pull without messing up my mag.

Predater
03-08-2002, 05:41 PM
if you have the standered valve shortining the pull is dangerous. if you have the rt valve look at my sig;)

Omicron
03-08-2002, 06:28 PM
If you're that desperate about a short trigger pull (the intelliframe is pretty short...i don't know why you'd do it), you could make the trigger rod longer. This will make it so you only have to pull less for the marker to cycle. Do it slowly, and little at a time, if you do it too much it'll go full auto (i think) because the sear won't catch the bolt anymore or something.

Predater
03-08-2002, 11:10 PM
dont lingthin the rod. if you do this than your on/off pin wont give enough room for the gun to cycle right and you will have a lot of shoot down. a trigger stop is the only way and i can give directions but i advise aginst a trigger stop with the air valve. i havnt tried it yet.

mattyfatty182
03-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Please, people, comon. The mag's trigger is short enough as it is, what is everyone's obsession with trying to shorten it? Please for the love of god don't touch your trigger rod. It can and most likely will:
1. Cause your bolt to get eaten like cookies at a fat people parade.
2. Make you chop/break almost every shot.

The ONLY way I have ever seen a trigger adjusted; my freind has an old Eclipse trigger, which has a set screw.

Jason Reed
03-09-2002, 05:31 PM
Thers's had got to be a way to shortin thr the trigger pull on the I-Frame with out screwwin up the valve. Also why can't a trigger stop work on the AIR valve, oh what is a trigger stop. The obsession with shortining the trigger pull is so you barely have to pull the trigger to get the gun to fire, which equals faster rate of fire.

PyRo
03-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Predater
if you have the standered valve shortining the pull is dangerous. if you have the rt valve look at my sig;)
This is just as bad for teh RT, as it is for a regular mag.

Riotz
03-09-2002, 09:56 PM
Intelliframe is hella short. What kind of insane trigger do you need? If you are this picky, get a damn electro.

And about the trigger rod, if you know what you are doing, its easy to adjust. Its just a mod that has a very small margin of error. Too short a trigger rod usually doesnt matter (although super-short and you wont be able to pull the trigger) but too long will cause TONS of problems. I've worked on my trigger rod, its a real pain in the butt. It's not a reccomended modification because unless you either know what you are doing or are walked through it step by step you will screw up and then AGD has to deal with you.

If you are on an Iframe with a stock trigger rod length, you should be fine. Theres nothing else you can do. If you have a benchy frame, trigger rod modification is possible, but on an Iframe forget it. Not worth the effort.

Miscue
03-10-2002, 11:45 AM
Adjusting your trigger rod does absolutely nothing to help you. As TK put it, there are 4 points of interest in the Automag trigger. Where the trigger is fully released, where it is fully pulled... and the two intermediate positions where the gun fires and where it recharges. Adjusting your trigger rod DOES NOT change the distance between the fire/recharge, all it does is change where it sits between the ends of the trigger pull.

Ideally you want a little slack after where it fires, and a little slack between the point where it fires and is completely pulled

| | = Distance between fire/recharge
[ ] = Ends of trigger stroke
&nbsp

[&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp|->&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp<-|&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp] Correct trigger rod

[&nbsp|->&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp<-|&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp] Improperly adjusted trigger rod.

As you can see, you have to let go ALL the way with the screwed up trigger rod. Or if you went the other direction, you have to pull the trigger harder. This is why you don't screw with your trigger rod!

This is what can happen when you file your on/off pin, or after you filed it and it's had time to wear:

[&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp<-|&nbsp&nbsp|->&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp] Shortened on/off pin (aka, how come my gun doesn't work?)

Note: The difference between a working on/off pin and one that makes your gun not function correctly is 4/1000ths of an inch. In otherwords, don't screw with it. The only thing you might want to try is to get a shorter on/off pin from AGD, this is ok... but results vary... no guarantees.

Blennidae
03-10-2002, 12:01 PM
OK, after reading this, a thought occurred to me. For some reason Mags have an undeserved reputation as paint blenders. Adjustment of trigger rod length causes bad things to occur. Everyone seems to want to have the shortest pull possible. Tweekers can't leave anything alone, and they see "hey, the rod is threaded I can adjust it to make my trigger pull shorter". They make adjustments, the gun no longer functions properly, and they blame the gun. Others see the gun not functioning right on the field, and voila, mags are blenders.

Does this sound like a valid theory? Or have I just earned the rank of Capt. Obvious?

Why doesn't AGD make the rod part all one piece, so no adjustments can be made?

Omicron
03-10-2002, 02:00 PM
I don't recommend shortening the trigger rod, but I have a extra stock sear that I can measure to my other sear. I haven't shortened it, and I don't think I ever will...There's no point.

They don't make the trigger rod one piece because on some frames i 'think' that you have to adjust it for that different trigger frame.

If you are going to screw around with the trigger rod length, order another sear just in case you can't get it back to normal...I have a friend and he keeps screwing with the damn trigger rod...I keep telling him not to, but he doesn't listen and he always goes "WHY DOESN'T MY MAG WORK!"...He says he's goign to sell it...because he's an idiot.......

heh, gee I wish this post makes sense :)

Predater
03-10-2002, 05:20 PM
PYRO, i have a trigger stop on an rt with intelliframe. it is set to stop the trigger right after the gun fires and goes reactive. its ben this way for about a month and a half and works great with out problems. if you shoot the rt right jou let the reactive trigger push your finger out so how will my stop hutr any thing?

i wouldnt recomend the stop with the air valve because i havnt messed with it much. if you want to know how and test it yourselfe just pm me and i will email it to you with picks.

Miscue
03-10-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae

Why doesn't AGD make the rod part all one piece, so no adjustments can be made?

Not every mag is exactly the same, and when you change parts around... aftermarket stuff in particular... you may have to play with the rod to get it to where it should be. Basically, sometimes everything doesn't line up right and it makes sense to make it adjustable to handle any situation.

AGD does loctite the thing though...

MikeCouves
03-10-2002, 07:37 PM
Yeah one guy was adjusting my friends sear rod, I knew something was going to go wrong. It seemed like it was pretty hard to do.