PDA

View Full Version : Rt Pro Air Tanks

runningman
03-08-2002, 08:06 PM
What is the best air tank to buy for the RT PRO right out of the box? I need a tank quickly and do not have time to make any modifications yet. The gun is brand new and i need a tank. I am considering an Air America Armageddon without the fancy regulator or Raptor Rex, but I am not sure if i can use them right away. Help would be greatly appreciated as I am not very knowledgable with automags.

running

soilent green
03-08-2002, 08:39 PM
you want a 3k flatline or a centerflag adjustable output get the adjustable it is well worth it for an RT those are two not so expensive adjustables if you are poor :D then you could get away with a high output crossfire if you are rich you could get angel air or 4500 flatline

Predater
03-08-2002, 11:32 PM
nitroduck. very consistant tanks.

a_malfunction
03-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Basically, almost anything from AGD, Nitroduck, Centerflag, SmartParts, and Air America would work great.

Predater
03-09-2002, 12:02 AM
i still vote for nitroduck. i cant talk about the others cuz i dont own them. if you get the Air America rapter thow remember it doesnt come with a on off valve or a low presure guage.

runningman
03-09-2002, 12:05 AM
Thanks guys

but which tanks will i need to do line work before I can use the gun and which ones can i just screw in and go. I want to do the work and make a hobby out of doing work on the gun, but i have an upcoming game and do not think i will be able to complete the work in time.

For example, if i bought the air america raptor, i could either run it off remote, or put on a cradle and then do macro/micro/ss work to hook it up to the RT Pro. However, with this tank, I can not just screw it in. Or am i mistaken and that Raptor tank can screw in and i dont know anything about HP tanks?

Predater
03-09-2002, 12:12 AM
the rapter needs a cradel. i wouldnt know the best kind but my last tank came with a kapp style and its prety good. you will have to run air line from the reg on the rapter to the valve.

you could run remote. i dont like remote. last time i used it the hose blue up. that doesnt happon often but it happened to me. i also tended to get it hung on stuff.

soilent green
03-09-2002, 05:50 PM
get the 3k flatline it has a drop on it get a ss 6-7" hose and 2 90 deg. fitings a QD and teflon tape and adjustable wrench you are ready to go

PyRo
03-09-2002, 08:04 PM
If you have a good local store, which sells hoses and fittings it should take 15 mintues at the most to set it all up. Maybie even only 5 minutes, if youve done it alot before.