PDA

View Full Version : HEy guys, i got a big problem, and i really need all your help

magman007
03-08-2002, 10:23 PM
WOW, this really came as a shock to me, oner of my best friends since 5th grade(im in 10th now) went to a different school than i did for high school. So, initially he has grown apart from me, yet we still stay in touch. So im talkin to him about paintball and hees like " dude i want some cheeba"

this came to me as an utter shock, the guy is my best friend who i think i know right? Now hees a stoner? he is a good cleen cut kid, im really angry at him. He needs some help. he was drinkin cough syrup as he typed(over aim)
an i was like dude you are killing yourself. I told him to go bleep off and to go play with his shrivaled nuts and dont bother me again til he gets help. I told him my experience with the wacky weed (tried it once out of sheer peer pressure, im not a popolar guy so i was easily influenced, even tho it isnt really an excuse)( not advising/condoning the use ) and how i lost friends because of it, and none of it has sunk in. please help guys, advise me.

MiCRoFooL
03-08-2002, 10:32 PM
People choose different paths in life...

FooTemps
03-08-2002, 10:44 PM
That really sucks... Actually I know a lot of people who are stoners at our school and some admit to being slaves to their cravings, mostly cigaretts or weed. They want to quit sometimes but they can't...

liigod
03-09-2002, 12:10 AM
i go to skool in berkeley california. I must say they are the experts on weed there. There is NO city in the country with the exception of possibly humbolt county that is more experenced in weed. I am very-anti weed. All of my friends in berkeley are. The only expection to my cleen group of friends is my buddy marc. He grew up in the wealthest housing devlopment it the bay area. Friggen 1million for the land. Hes the stoner. He can afford it. MAinly what u need to do it get yer buddy adicted to paintball... so he can waist al of his money on paintball... then have noting left for weed. If that doesnt work... give him a hard time for it. Get his friends to help. Make it one be bash to make fun of his weed habit. Trust me its worked for mwah manny a time. remeber this comes from a dude who goes to skool in the stoner capital of the werld. :D

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-09-2002, 12:43 AM
i don't know how old you are(no offense) or your situation or whatever. all i can say is dno't worry about. yeah weed is bad and all ddrugs are, yadda yadda yadda. we've all heard that from 3rd grade on from teachers, parents, adults, the whole nine. the truth of the matter is, they're going to go through it. there's nothing you can really do or say that is going to get him to stop. i'm fairly straight edge. i don't drink, smoke(anything), or take any type of drugs(i don't even like taking asprin). everyone i know does. there are only about3 people that i know and talk to that don't at least smoke cigerettes. if you guys are about 16-17(you said 10th grade), he's going through that point where he has to experiment or go with the flow that happens to be smoking. it would be cool if you could stop him, but more than likely, you're just going to piss him off to the point where he's just going to stop talking to you. it's cool that you're trying to look out for him, but i really don't think you can change anything. don't be to concerned, yet. as you guys get older, if he progesses to bigger and better(not really better, you get the point) drugs, then you should be worried. but if he's just smoking weed, don't let it get between you. let it go. that's what i did. i still feel alone in not doing any type of drugs.

Gup44
03-09-2002, 03:00 AM
<i>Originally Posted by TheBigRaguPB4L</i>
<b>he's going through that point where he has to experiment or go with the flow that happens to be smoking...but i really don't think you can change anything. don't be to concerned, yet....he's just smoking weed, don't let it get between you...</b>

Sorry Ragu, man I think you're dead wrong. You're not talking about caffine or fatty foods here or something harmless. You're talking about a harmful substance. And a very ILLEGAL substance. Magman's friend could be looking at jail time for something such as this. It's not something you let slide for the sake of possibly hurting your buddy's feelings.

Magman, tell 'em like it is. Tell him weed is illegal and stupid, and you want no part of it. If he's shallow enough to dump you as a friend over it, then you don't need him as a friend. Hell, he might even listen to you.

Say this joker decides to get high and take his car for a drive... then you've got some doped up nut driving around. What if he decides to go too fast, then hits or kills someone you know because he was driving erratically.

Believe me, he's gonna wish someone had helped him jerk his head out of his behind before it got to that point. If you have to tell someone in authority over him (like his folks) do it. It's better that it gets delt with BEFORE it becomes a problem. Not after something is permanantly damaged.

Omicron
03-09-2002, 07:11 AM
*cough* friendly corner *cough*

:D :rolleyes: :D

BEEFYSAUSAGE
03-09-2002, 07:29 AM
ok i am just going to come right out and say it ....i inhailed and loved it.....its been 6 months since i have had a toke on the perveribal joint,and i have all but given up smoking ciggerets,and rarely drink.
now if you go back to when i was 19 (im now 26) i usto smoke pot all the time,drink a 700 mill Jack Daniels a night
and smoke cigies till the cows come home..the point of this is some people will change and some people will get worse
drugs and alchol ARE BAD ( i usto pee blood!!!)but i still held on to my full time job (been working full time since i was 16)and now have come full circle ..i did alot of things when i was young and now i can see they were stupid and some times dangerous, but it all makes you who you are today and damn i had some fun,
i would not change any of it for the world (well ok a custom slf maybe)
just watch his back and dont let your freind fall too far
as i think of it weed is not the worst thing he could be doing...crack,speed,herion ect ARE EVIL and i have seen first hand them distroy people.
just dont over react some of us turn out alright in the end!
BEEFY.

tremis
03-09-2002, 08:20 AM
Maybe thats what happened to image. All of their pro friends had an intervention. Told em if you don't lay off the herb, we dont need ya. And poof they were gone.

Tremis

magman007
03-09-2002, 11:46 AM
get this, hees playin paint ball while high now. This is a major problem.

Mossman
03-09-2002, 12:31 PM
And a very ILLEGAL substance. Magman's friend could be looking at jail time for something such as this. It's not something you let slide for the sake of possibly hurting your buddy's feelings.

LOL. I know what you guys are saying, you all have points, but seriously get a life guys.

Playing paintball high, while not a good idea, depends on the person. Unless the kids a retard when not stoned, he's not gonna take off his mask or shoot anyone.

You have never smoked. You never got high. You never got high over and over again, and you dont know what its like. While I dont concider smoking and boozin to be a big deal, i have cooled off, havent smoked for months now cuz I'm poor enough and in lousy shape as it is. But seriously, leave the kid alone. A pal of mine (not so much anymore, but for different reasons), is the best pitcher in my highschool, blazes like a madman, (not sure how often anymore, havent talked to him for a while), but he's a good funny kid. Seriously, the worst drugs like pot are gonna get you *usually* is a drug test a month for 6 months if you get caught. He ain't going to jail, hes not gonna die, and id rather have high drivers than drunk drivers on the roads.

/endrant *DEEP BREATH*/

Jonno06
03-09-2002, 12:33 PM
actually,it's only jail time depending on how much he has on him.I think if it is under an gram,then it is a mistemenor(sp).I know alot of people who smoke weed,they arent addicted or anything.Many have even quit.

Mossman
03-09-2002, 12:33 PM
Gup44, no way your 33 years old (according to your profile), and seriously think this is a big problem and hes gonna see jail time :)

Ov3rmind
03-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Oh man, I know exactly what situation you're in right now. I'm in 9th grade, and some of my closest friends became pot heads. It sucks pretty bad, I didn't know what to do. Luckily, they got caught by my school. One of my friends got put in an intervention program, and the other quit straight up (I'm pretty sure he's not lying). I refuse to do any of that crap, especially if I'm playing Paintball. I know a kid who plays in the PanAm circuit though, and he does more than pot (like Cocaine).

Paintballer86
03-09-2002, 02:31 PM
I palyed Paintball today with someone who was high.
He Played with an Angel.

Angel + Weed =http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/welt1.jpg & http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/welt2.jpg

This happened to me today. The kid was high and he though it would be funny to shoot my in the staging area without my mask on. One hit me just below and to the left of where my heart would be, and the other about 2 inches from Glory :rolleyes:

MikeCouves
03-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Weed isn't that bad compared to what's out there...acid, coke, speed, etc. Also you can't OD on weed, which is a good thing because there have been alot of bad OD's. I don't care if people smoke weed, I do from time to time, but then again I think of what could happen.

I'm not a chronic or nothing but beyond weed isn't cool. People with acid and stuff, they bother me.

liigod
03-09-2002, 03:09 PM
HA yea one time when i was at homewood paintballing during the sumer around lake tahoe. The refs were stoned. SO were some of the dudes there.... was easy target practice.

AngelBoy
03-09-2002, 03:49 PM
I am totally against it, if ur playin paintball or not. I'm in 8th grade, and almost all of my friends have started gettin into pot, extacy, beer, etc... I don't like it, so I've just kinda fallen out of the group because I don't want to get involved in that. If you are a Christian, then I suggest you take them to a church camp/youth conference. Those always get to people, and hopefully it will get to your friend. If you need some more help I've got msn on grantalexandercross@hotmail.com.

PowerFedMag
03-09-2002, 06:13 PM
OK, I am 18, senior in high school. Whatever.
I've never gotten drunk or high yet. The reason..never really been in one of those situations, my mom is a hardcore watch dog pain in my arse.
Anyways, I dont like the idea of even smoking weed. Here's how I think of it. Nothing good at all can come from weed, example:
*the Govern. has no setup way to recieve benefits for us buying the drug, and its thus illegal (well its illegal for other reason too).
*A lot of the stuff is 3rd or 2nd world, and I figure, they're gunna try to make a profit off of me...yea right. those ppl who send illegal drugs to other countries are no better then other places who are anti-US.
*I'd be inhaling unfiltered smoke...thats bad...
*A lot of ppl reason with me that: cigarretes are worse, they contain all these chemicals...blah blah. Well, if you think about it and do research (I DID), weed doesnt have a filter, and who cares if its natural...if I burn wood, which is all natural and inhale the smoke...does that make it somehow non-poisonous?????? A joint is equal to 5 cigarrettes. I've seen my friends become physically weak from smoking that grabage.

Plus, I hate being part of that whole, "its a social thing, everyone does it" crap. The in crowd whatever, that is complete trash, I've seen so much of it. Dont get me wrong I hang out with a lot of those ppl, but I dont stoop to drugs.

I'm patriotic, so hey, I dont smoke weed because it helps out the black market, and its crap.
oh and I am an adult now, so if I get caught with it, I'll be screwed even worse now.

afterthought:
Paintballer 86...I woulda flipped out on that guy who shot you, seriously, there woulda been a fight.

Mikecouves: if ppl OD'ed on weed maybe they wouldnt do it as much, and who cares, its their choice, if you could OD, they would kno they could, and its'd be their fault if they ever did.

SGTKennedy
03-09-2002, 08:23 PM
With luck he'll get smart like i did. My buddies all started in about 8th grade. i tried it in 9th. smoked for about 3 months til i found this girl... oooo so hot... that i quit for.... she dumped me a little later.... and i never picked it back up because i realized it wasnt that much fun.

And, it makes you terrible at paintball. i played high once. total waste of money. a teammate and i started shooting at a tree for "target practice" and another guy just crawled up and popped us both before we thought to react.

but now i am completely "straight edge" and all that yadda.
-kennedy

Paintballer86
03-09-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by PowerFedMag
afterthought:
Paintballer 86...I woulda flipped out on that guy who shot you, seriously, there woulda been a fight.

I did. Next game came, and I was called out for over shooting :rolleyes: And I bunkered him :rolleyes: I shot him 8 times from 8 inches :rolleyes: autoresponse triggers are fast :D

MagMan5446
03-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Weed isn't too bad. I know people that I like better when they're stoned out of their minds. If he gets into dip, then that's something that he needs to get out of. But people grow out of weed. As long as he doesn't start any harder stuff, he's good.

Berkeley? Ha. Look at Chico or L.A. Berkeley isn't anything compared.

If your friend starts slangin',(mainly depending on what city he's in), he'll end up dead. I have 4 friends that are dead. I was once shot at and I don't do any of that stuff. Not the best thing. Weed bein' sold by him almost half the time winds up with a dead body. That's about the biggest reason why I don't do any of it.