PDA

View Full Version : Paintball gun silencers

Navy Seal
03-08-2002, 11:23 PM
I just made a silencer for my marker. I have a problem, will they let me play with it on? They market Boomsticks and Stealths. So why not up the ante and make a silencer. I know it sounda lame like a 007 movie sniper thing, but, its good for woods. So, whats ur opinions AO!

FooTemps
03-08-2002, 11:25 PM
NOPE! They don't allow silencers...

Navy Seal
03-08-2002, 11:31 PM
that sux

FooTemps
03-08-2002, 11:34 PM
It's illegal in tournaments too. Illegal at my field...

ThePatriot
03-08-2002, 11:51 PM
You can like get in trouble with the law if you have a silencer for a paintball gun w/o a permit or a liscense or something. I read an article on it once...

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-09-2002, 01:05 AM
if you play renegade alot, they're worth it. you can be unloading on them and they wouldn't have a clue as to where you are(with some good cover at first). as to it being illeagal, what isn't? most of the time, you're trespassing on the property that you're playing on anyways. big deal. just pic a spot where you're sure not to be questioned. as for fields, i see them sometimes at mine. no one says anything to them. i think you'd have to check with where ever you play at. as for tournaments, i have no idea.

mrhooie
03-09-2002, 09:54 AM
I wonder why a noise suppressor is illegal at fields?

I have one for my Phantom and it works like a hot dma, cuts the noise more than half

doens't affect preformance I think :rolleyes:

[NA]WARLORD
03-09-2002, 01:33 PM
Silencers for anything, ESP paintball markers, are illegal. Most people that have them use them in Scenario games. They were available as options in the early years of paintball but since they werent allowed in Tourneys nobody bought them.

The reason they are illegal is the ATF says if you make one for a Paintball gun, how easy is it to convert to be used on a real firearm. It sounds lame but there have been many discussions on this over the years. You can buy them through various individuals that sell them on the net, but most fields wont let you use them due to insurance reasons.

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-09-2002, 01:41 PM
because it's so hard to get silencers for real guns. give me a break.

[NA]WARLORD
03-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Well thats what was posted on other sites, and thats the reason I was told/read. It is BS in my opionion, and i dont think it will get you thrown in jail, but ya never know.

[NA]WARLORD
03-09-2002, 03:14 PM
check this out:http://www.corin.com/bill/paintball/BATF.reply2.txt

[NA]WARLORD
03-09-2002, 08:18 PM
If ya gotta have one, try here; www.paintballsnipersupplies.com

oldsoldier
03-10-2002, 09:07 AM
The federal law does state that all suppressors are illegal. I believe that someone tried to sue to prevent it from including paintball, but it failed. So, unless you have a federal class III liscence, you cannot posess a silencer for any type of firearm, including paintball guns. Even though they are considered firearms...I dont make the laws, I just vote.