PDA

View Full Version : Spammers

mattyfatty182
03-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Look at some of your post counts....It's just pathetic. If you don't have something informative to post; or if they didn't ask for opinion's, just dont post. I can't tell you how many posts I sift through just to find something informative. Most of the time the post asks a question and ends up like this:

WOW :D thats the cllooest gun I hae ever seen! Icant beleve u made it soo cool!

Something else. Do any of you actually re-read your posts, and check to see they aren't just one giant run on sentence? Or riddled with spelling errors? All it does is make YOU look bad. Take the two seconds it takes to read over what you have said, instead of rushing through each post so you can hurry and get to the next one.

Lastly. Use puncuation. Really; it's hard to understand people who just type, and keep typing for sentence like this:
WOW cool gun thats the coolest gun i have ever seen how much did that cos i bet it cost alot of money.

Sorry, I am having a bad day.

shartley
03-09-2002, 11:27 AM
Understandable... and many agree with you. So don't feel all alone. This topic has been discussed many times. :)

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-09-2002, 11:29 AM
hahahah, use the search feature. this post was done recently. ;)

Phil
03-09-2002, 11:41 AM
AMEN. Those people should be banned just like the profane.

epterry
03-09-2002, 12:10 PM
but what if you cant spell?;)

Jonno06
03-09-2002, 12:18 PM
There used to be the "spell check" feature,but I don't think it is any longer available.Atleast that is what I have heard about it.I don't really mind about punctuation and stuff.

mattyfatty182
03-09-2002, 12:29 PM
The spelling really doesn't bother me, as long as it is a commonly misspelled word....But things like "you" and "u" are a sign of lazyness.

FooTemps
03-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Hmmmmm.... Does this mean FooTemps deserves a tuna slap? I know this is uninformative but I still have to say something about this one. I probably started the whole postwhore wave but I'm just that type of person.

sifu01
03-09-2002, 03:31 PM
Wow I really understand where you are coming from I don't like people like that either because they are rude and my mom says that I should not talk to them ever and I will not I think because it is not cool

davej946
03-09-2002, 04:07 PM
Amen brother matty. I have been known to drop a post in a couple of threads with 10-line sentences. I usually just ignore the posts.

I would also like to add an issue to this thread. Has anyone ever heard of the "Edit" button? It lives at the bottom of your posts. If you post, then realize you forgot something, and wish to add it, hit the Edit button. I HATE to see that some people have multiple Thread posts right in a row. Like one will say "Yeah man, I feel ya" then the very next one will be from the same person saying "What did that do?" or whatever. That's TOTAL post whoring, and cannot be tolerated.

BTW - It is (obviously) totally OK to post in a thread in response to another's post. But please try to avoid consecutive posts, it's annoying.

My Rant ~

media
03-09-2002, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure you used semicolons properly. It's used to link two related complete sentences; it can be used with a transition to link two complete sentences. It's also used to avoid confusion with complicated lists.

quote:

"If you don't have something informative to post; or if they didn't ask for opinion's, just dont post."

That entire quote is a complete sentence, but you've joined
two incomplete sentences with the semicolon. Removing the semicolon would fix the puncuation problem.

When you add "if" to any complete sentence, it becomes a fragment until you conclude it.

Example

I kicked my dog. (complete sentence)
If I kicked my dog. (incomplete)
If I kicked my dog, he would bite me. (complete sentence)

:) Yes, I'm really bored right now. :)

bornl33t
03-09-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mattyfatty182
Look at some of your post counts....It's just pathetic. If you don't have something informative to post; or if they didn't ask for opinion's, just dont post. I can't tell you how many posts I sift through just to find something informative. Most of the time the post asks a question and ends up like this:

WOW :D thats the cllooest gun I hae ever seen! Icant beleve u made it soo cool!

Something else. Do any of you actually re-read your posts, and check to see they aren't just one giant run on sentence? Or riddled with spelling errors? All it does is make YOU look bad. Take the two seconds it takes to read over what you have said, instead of rushing through each post so you can hurry and get to the next one.

Lastly. Use puncuation. Really; it's hard to understand people who just type, and keep typing for sentence like this:
WOW cool gun thats the coolest gun i have ever seen how much did that cos i bet it cost alot of money.

Sorry, I am having a bad day.

that's your opinion .. here's mine... GET LOST.... LOL.. I'm j/k sorry, I though it over in my head and though that'd be funny to post... and hey it's become more then 2 words now too!!
I used to say this all the time... but it got redundant " this is the internet, ppl are gonna do and say as they want and there's nothing you can do to stop them. so get used to it... I did!! this stuff used to get on my nerves big time... but I don't care at all anymore.. besides it's just kids that are bored and lazy...

RT 01037
03-09-2002, 07:13 PM
is this all you guys talk about who cares what some body says in there reply i swear all i ever hear on this forum is complaining people complain more than they do talking about paintball give it a rest.

MikeCouves
03-09-2002, 07:20 PM
Yeah I find that kind of annoying. But then again everyone loves nice comments on something you own or something you used to have, etc. But good help is getting harder to find these days.

The best is when one of the mods, Rob, AGD, or other reputable people answer your questions...then you can almost gaurentee that it's right.

-Mike

media
03-10-2002, 12:34 AM
No one cares about his semicolon usage? It's a terrible thing! The semicolon is a powerful tool when used properly, but can be so dangerous when abused! It's like playing paintball with your mask on backwards or flinging matches into the gas tank on your car!!! :eek: :eek:

Cool, my post count just went up. :p