PDA

View Full Version : New/Replaced Superblot broke in same place.

Phil
03-09-2002, 11:57 AM
After a few weeks of play my new/replacement superbolt with the foamie on the front broke in the same manner as my last. In this case about a half inch section of the delrin broke off and apparently was ejected from my gun because it is just gone. On a side note I have no idea when this happened as the bolt continued to function without the ejected section. I only noticed it was gone when I took apart my marker for cleaning. Perhaps a possible fix for the superbolt is not to have the delrin protrude past the metal core. Let only the foamie protrude. I already have a RA# and am returning the bolt on monday. I am no expert but it appears to me that judging from the breaking point on my last 2 superbolts, the stress point is just slightly before the end of the metal core. Is some part of the gun impacting this point when the gun is fired? What if the delrin sleve was only on the back half of the bolt? What if the delrin sleve was in two peices and the metal core was flush with the delrin at the stress point?

Butterfingers
03-09-2002, 12:24 PM
It would result in massive blowback. The longnose superbolt would essentially become a shorter than shortnose superbolt.

Drizit
03-09-2002, 01:57 PM
or perhaps a screw on metal cap to hold the delrin in place