PDA

View Full Version : i hate smarts parts

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-09-2002, 01:40 PM
ok i've had it. first i get my automag freak and have nothing but problems. i go to find out that there are no internal o rings to hold the insert in place. fine. i get some and put them in. i get it out and it works great. about a week later i go to switch out the insert and low and behold, it doesn't come out. i get so fed up, i drive a nail through the insert and finally get it out. i kill the insert but i finally get it out. i realize that one of the orings is potruding to far into the barrel so it was holding the insert tight. i took one out and now it comes in and out without to much effort. fine. have yet to test that, and i'm really doubtful of the results.

i get a cocker base for my micro and cocker. i put it on the micro and no problem. again, have no paint to try it out so i don't know. i go to put it on my cocker and about the second thread in, it stops. i'm like what's going on. i take it out to see that one of the threads is totally stripped and it won't go in my cocker. it still fits my micro just fine, but it won't go in the cocker. my dye stainless goes in both guns just fine, but it just won't get in the cocker. now the threads are all scratched up because for some strange reason, the cocker doesn't like it.

i'm so fed up with this i'm going to try and call smarts parts and see what they can do, probably nothing because they suck. after that, i will more than likely have some freak parts to sell if anyone's interested, i'll let you know. thanks for reading my rant. i hate smarts parts.

Phil
03-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Smartparts has taken care of me quite well. They have great customer service. Every smart parts product I own is high quality. I love smart parts. They rule.

magc68
03-09-2002, 02:12 PM
i had a problem with my automag freak. i just called them and they replaced it for me for free and it worked great. u should really try calling them. belive it or not calling really helps.

MikeCouves
03-09-2002, 02:47 PM
Well I have no experience with Smart Parts but I have not heard any serious problems. Alot of people are just ignorant and won't buy something that's SP because the're friends say it sucks, or they heard something off someone...

liigod
03-09-2002, 03:03 PM
sounds like it was yer bad for not waiting for the correct orings... ALthough i can sympathise. My buddy got his freak yesterday and the inesrts went in a little to snug and one time the oring popped out. I put it back in and havent had a problem since. Great barrel. Smart parts has always tanked care of me and they make some great stuff. Cant wait for there new shocker 2 to come out.

Nitroduck
03-09-2002, 03:13 PM
You hate smart parts? Welcome to my world.

Oh well....I've had good experiances w/ my SS freak and Alum freaks for my Angel, Defiant and Cocker....

You really dont need Orings on it to ensure it stays in properly, also, getting a insert removal tool might be a good idea.

[NA]WARLORD
03-09-2002, 03:19 PM
You should also oil the o-rings lightly, this will help in removing the inserts. I recommend a SS back on any barrel that has a screw type thread to its barrels, this will virtually eliminate someone from stripping the threads, unless you strip the threads on the gun reciever, then your screwed ( sorry couldnt resist). Lastly oil your barrel threads prior to installing into the reciever, this will reduce friction between the 2 metals. Hope this helps.

Butterfingers
03-09-2002, 04:26 PM
LOL welcome to my world!

We should start the Smart Parts Internet Haters Leigion

SPIHL

Cypres0099
03-09-2002, 05:00 PM
I had the problem of the insert being stuck when i first go my freak and the fix for me was running the insert through water and scrubbing it a little.

If you haven't noticed there is a little bit of grit on the outside of the inserts all I did was wash that off and the orings inside the back and now I have no problems what so ever. Now my freak makes me :).

Blazini
03-09-2002, 05:30 PM
A team mate of mine bought a 4500 max-flo off of smart parts at the zap am. open last year. When he got it he stuck his redz tank cover on it and started using it. about a month later he took the cover off to scrub it up and realized that it had a 3000 psi tank on it. It says 4500 right on the reg but the tank is a 3000. I think he paid like 450 for the thing and finds out a month later that it has a 3000 tank. He's tried e-mailing them several times but they won't reply. screw smart parts:mad:

ddan_p
03-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Smart Parts has always been good to me. Just a couple of weeks ago, my brother was dry firing his impulse, and the ball detents fell out. He called smart parts, and about a week later, they sent him some new ones free of charge. They're not much, but hey, the fact is they did something about it in just a week.

FatMan
03-09-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
... i get so fed up, i drive a nail through the insert and finally get it out. i kill the insert but i finally get it out. ... i hate smarts parts.

Whoa! Obviously the brain trust not at home here. Drove a NAIL through it to get it out! Why didn't you just beat the thing with a hammer?

I suggest some Paxil - it will really calm you down! Take a break, get a clue and chill out before you go wailing on the $200 barrel system with a NAIL!

And really, bashing Smart Parts over that is bull excrement (not sure if the filter will take that :rolleyes: ). You didn't even give them a chance to make it right before you went got crazy on the thing. Now its THEIR fault?

Remind me never to loan THIS guy my gun! What a goof-ball move!

I call 'em like I see 'em,

FatMan

mykroft
03-09-2002, 07:01 PM
In my experience, Smart Parts' Quality Control sucks, however, call them (Don't email), their support is excellent. I've seen this with a Max-Flow reg mount (They sent wrong one[co2], replaced with right one[3K HPA], and let my buddy keep the wrong one as well) and Freak tips (inside wasn't cleaned up, received AA tip at no extra charge as replacment, AA tips usually cost more)

LaW
03-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Blazini
A team mate of mine bought a 4500 max-flo off of smart parts at the zap am. open last year. When he got it he stuck his redz tank cover on it and started using it. about a month later he took the cover off to scrub it up and realized that it had a 3000 psi tank on it. It says 4500 right on the reg but the tank is a 3000. I think he paid like 450 for the thing and finds out a month later that it has a 3000 tank. He's tried e-mailing them several times but they won't reply. screw smart parts:mad:

I don't know if anyone out there knew this or not but email is the the most efficient form of communication. Sure it's convenient for some but a lot of companies don't use it to that extent yet. Call THEM!!!!! It's so much easier... I know lets get the wrong tank and email them with no response and give up... stupid smart parts *sarcasm*

DOWNWITHANGELS
03-09-2002, 08:09 PM
I like thier freak barrels more than anything. Thier guns on the other hand.....

Blazini
03-09-2002, 08:55 PM
Yep, without a doubt it was my buddies fault that SP put the wrong tank on the rig and doesn't read their e-mails. To me that's pretty crappy customer service and I don't wanna have to deal with a company like that. stupid smart parts(no sarcasm intended)

tremis
03-09-2002, 09:19 PM
I had a whole bunch of stuff to write, but I suddenly don't feel the need to. If your too lazy to use the phone, or not smart enough to use it, then I feel no pity for you. Even with a major safety issue such as the bottle thing. BTW if your friend didn't check the bottles rating and date before he filled it the first time, he shouldn't be using high pressure.

Tremis

Blazini
03-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Like i said earlier the tank isn't mine. I would call them if was my money but it doesn't seem to matter to him all that much.Don't ask me why. Prior to finding out that the tank was only 3000 psi it was only filled from scuba tanks to around 2800psi and has never been filled over 3000 so I don't see any safty issue.As far as him trusting smart parts to put the right tank on in the first place you're right, he should have checked it when he got it. Now since he didn't you think he shouldn't be allowed to use hpa. On the same note since Smart Parts didn't check it before they sold it to him, maybe they shouldn't be allowed to sell hpa tanks

LaW
03-09-2002, 11:00 PM
The tank not being the right size can possibly happen not all the time but enough to warrant what did happen. Obviously smart parts is at fault here so they should and will fix the problem.

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-10-2002, 01:03 AM
fatman-hahahhah, you're great wish i could meet you.

yes i sound like an idiot, but just to clear a few things up. i don't need anybody's pity. i did call them. all they told me was that i could mail it in if i wanted too, but more than likely, they just needed to oil the orings. hahahah, what a joke. i put so much oil on those orings and around the whole outside of the insert, my hands started getting discolored. it still wouldn't come out smoothly. oh well. whatever. i'll give them a call. or not. whatever. i said that.

about the cocker threaded one, i don't think it's for a cocker. i checked my other barrels and you know the space at the very base of the gun before you hit the threads? it's shorter than all my other cocker barrels. i'm thinking it's for a different gun(he's quick isn't he?). i just find it wierd that it fit my micromag but not my cocker. go figure.