PDA

View Full Version : Tom, just in case you didn't know

Zelda Ramras
03-09-2002, 03:17 PM
The front frame screws on the store don't have an "add to basket" button so you can't buy them. Also, when do you think the warps will be in stock in the store.

BlackVCG
03-09-2002, 03:27 PM
You can find that screw in the exact length needed at about any hardware store for about 10 cents.

Zelda Ramras
03-09-2002, 03:53 PM
I know that, thats not the point! I am just letting Tom know.

Zelda Ramras
03-09-2002, 04:01 PM
Why bother have it on the store if you can't buy it? That is what the store is for, isn't it?

Omicron
03-09-2002, 04:32 PM
I think its just to tell you what size to get so you don't have to take the old screw, or guess while you're in the hardware store.

shartley
03-09-2002, 06:08 PM
The point is, if you have a product in the store you should be able to buy it. No ifs ands or buts. There is no justification such as:

I think its just to tell you what size to get so you don't have to take the old screw, or guess while you're in the hardware store.
This is just silly. That would be like going to Walmart and seeing a space on a shelf with a picture of a product and directions to another store where you can get the part. :rolleyes: Also why would it show an AGD Stock Number?

If all you wanted to do is tell someone what size and type it is, but not sell it, you do so in an information sheet or page... not on an online store right next to actual items for sale.

There is no logical reason NOT to have the "Add To Basket" button and amount to add.. unless they are out of stock. And in that case, a simple "Out of stock" would take care of any confusion. This would indicate that indeed a mistake has been made... one way or the other. And often times mistakes are made and not caught until pointed out by customers.

I think it is great that a customer pointed out this obvious error, oversight... whatever... and people should be thanking him, not making excuses for things. Mistakes happen... yes even for the great AGD....

Mango
03-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Zelda Ramras
Why bother have it on the store if you can't buy it? That is what the store is for, isn't it?

LOL!!:p

FatMan
03-09-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by shartley
The point is, if you have a product in the store you should be able to buy it. No ifs ands or buts. There is no justification such as:

This is just silly. That would be like going to Walmart and seeing a space on a shelf with a picture of a product and directions to another store where you can get the part. :rolleyes: Also why would it show an AGD Stock Number?

Well, I would disagree. AGD isn't WallMart. AGD isn't in the business of selling any old thing online, they don't want to deal with really small stuff that isn't part of their specialty. I have been in plenty of specialty stores that have "products" in their store that are not for sale. AGD can do that too if they want. I have ALSO seen common parts listed in parts lists (with a part number) but also listed as a common item and not for sale. Try going to Sears and getting a part for a lawn mower that's a common screw - can't get it. It's in the manual - has a part number - why can't I order it?

This is not uncommon - on the other hand, it probably should be made clear on the web site - not everyone KNOWS what are and are not common screws, there ARE weird ones so it IS logical to go looking for it.

I think it is great that a customer pointed out this obvious error, oversight... whatever... and people should be thanking him, not making excuses for things. Mistakes happen... yes even for the great AGD....

I also agree with this. Pointing out the confusion - one way or the other. I don't know if AGD actually will sell you that screw or not. Nor do I care, really. But it is neither silly for them to list the part spec and number, but not offer it for sale nor for a confused customer to point out the supposed error.

Either way, someone might want to update that page on the site.

Defending what is true,

FatMan

shartley
03-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Well, I would disagree. AGD isn't WallMart. AGD isn't in the business of selling any old thing online, they don't want to deal with really small stuff that isn't part of their specialty. I have been in plenty of specialty stores that have "products" in their store that are not for sale. AGD can do that too if they want.
So very true.. as have I. But I have never been to a specialty store that has something displayed on a shelf next to actual products that they did NOT sell. And an online store is like a giant shelf. The actual inside pages of the online store are like the actual shelves in a real store… you want to show a product NOT for sale, but that you will need, you do so on the counter.. in the case of an online store, the counter is the main pages… NOT in the actual store. ;)

I have ALSO seen common parts listed in parts lists (with a part number) but also listed as a common item and not for sale. Try going to Sears and getting a part for a lawn mower that's a common screw - can't get it. It's in the manual - has a part number - why can't I order it?
LOL You just answered your own question. A parts list is not an item on a shelf. A manual is not an item on a shelf with other products. You can however find parts lists in actual product packaging, as well as manuals… and you can find them located behind a counter or on a display counter… but you seldom (to never) find them on a shelf next to other products for sale.. unless the manual IS the product for sale.. in this case it would not apply to the situation as being discussed.

If you went into Sears you would not find a spot on their shelves containing all other “for sale” parts for their lawnmowers (I know this to be true because I just went shopping for a new riding mower.. LOL) for parts that they do NOT sell at the store. You must ask the salesperson to either order the part, or ask where you can get it. In both cases, there is no confusion as to if they sell the part or not.

This is not uncommon - on the other hand, it probably should be made clear on the web site - not everyone KNOWS what are and are not common screws, there ARE weird ones so it IS logical to go looking for it.
This is very true.

I stand by my original post.

Just defending what is really true…. ;)

BlackVCG
03-09-2002, 07:35 PM
Aside from the issue at hand, Shartley - I'm not sure how serious you are about the Craftsman riding lawn mowers, but I would highly advise NOT considering them any further. I've worked in the landscaping business long enough to realize just how poorly these tractors are built. Granted they aren't as bad as an MTD, there are many other better choices than Craftsman. :) I just have a intense dislike for just about anything that they make except hand tools (for valid reasons) that when you brought that up I couldn't resist saying something. ;)

MikeCouves
03-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Lol Black starts getting into lawnmowers. It's too late for me to get into this, so I will just say...

Cool :cool:.

DOWNWITHANGELS
03-09-2002, 09:14 PM
We seem to be making quite a big deal out of this. Maybe they are selling it, maybe they arent. Its a screw. Good looking out though Zelda.

the JoKeR
03-09-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
I would highly advise NOT considering them any further.

Obviously way off the original intent of the thread, but I second this statement. I bought a new craftsman walkbehind mower, which started running poorly at the end of the first season. By the second season, it needed to be taken in for work. Third season, it needed it again. I saw the handwriting on the wall and sold it. I don't recall what I've got now, but is ISN'T a Craftsman. Their hand tools are the best, though!

AGD
03-10-2002, 01:02 AM
Guys,guys, once again I am telling you to calm down and give us a chance to respond. I am on a 14k dial up here that doesn't work most of the time and can't browse the forum too well. Of course we sell the frame screws, I probably forgot to put some inventory in the store to activate the order box. I will fix it when I get home in a week. Please send all problems with the store to office@airgun.com and they will get fixed faster than posts here.

agd

ylun
03-10-2002, 03:02 AM
I think you need to upgrade you internet connection, 14.4k is too slow for today's internet. I just wonder how do you guys hosts compnay's website...it is in house or by another company? Maybe you guys are too busy for the internet part (e-commerce), I think there is a lot of space for your website to grow! :cool:

omni
03-10-2002, 05:29 AM
The webpage is hosted by the mighty Paintcheck. heh

http://www.delaware.net/

I believe that would be the site :)

omni
03-10-2002, 05:50 AM
. Superbolt, not shown here it is a different product (see link below). Superbolt is for people who want the highest level of performance and the smoothest shooting marker possible. This bolt is about half the weight of the normal all stainless bolt shown here because it has a light weight delrin sleeve.

OK, am I the only one who doesn't see a link to the super bolt there?

Go to Parts - then the Bolts section. I don't see the link below...

shartley
03-10-2002, 06:09 AM
BlackVCG
And others.... Lawn Mower discussion taken to Friendly....

Please come....

Thanks.

FatMan
03-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Guys,guys, once again I am telling you to calm down and give us a chance to respond.

agd

Be that as it may, Tom, be we WERE having a good time arguing the way it MIGHT be before you swooped in with your heavy-handed application of the FACTS! :p

Sheesh!

As I was saying to Shartley - you have a point there and I agree with you. If Tom DID want to show the screw with its spec online so that anyone who was looking for it would see that it was in fact a common part and would know the spec - thus saving themselves time in getting it - it would be reasonable IFF a notice of such was added to the entry. And in THAT case it would NOT be silly. So, I don't disagree with you completely, only a little. OK?

Of course NOW we know that Tom DOES sell the screw and they just SCREWED up and left something off - so IT'S ALL HIS FAULT! :D

So there!

Sill spouting the truth!

FatMan

cphilip
03-11-2002, 10:06 AM
AGD Makes lawn mowers? Gee...:D

shartley
03-11-2002, 10:08 AM
FatMan
LOL I know…. :D

I am also glad that you did not get “upset” at the banter…. for I was not upset either. Good form!

.... just spouting. ;)

FatMan
03-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by shartley
FatMan
LOL I know?. :D

I am also glad that you did not get ?upset? at the banter?. for I was not upset either. Good form!

.... just spouting. ;)

Me, get upset? Nah. You'll know if I get upset! It's pretty hard to get me upset about paintball ;) As long as everyone agrees I'm right! :D

Hmmm, now where's the next controversy we can argue about?

FatMan

cphilip
03-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Cockers shoot further than Mags? Thats always a good topic starter if you want controversy! :rolleyes: