PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out with Plastic Nubbins

davej946
03-09-2002, 04:01 PM
Well, last Friday I called up the office and ordered some plastic nubbins, an new long-nose bolt, and some other stuff. They came earlier this week, and I promptly installed them in my Mag. I'm running a Powerfeed Mag with a BOA Express 12", and an AGD Lognose Bolt. Last night (Friday Night) was my first time out with them, and here is how it all went:

The first game went great, no chops. From there it went downhill. As the crowd picked up, so did the amount of paint. I found myself shooting multi balls at the same time. This (of course) leads to chopping and breaks down the barrel. I figure it must be the nubbins. So I swap it for a V-style and finish the night on a high note. I'm not real sure how I like the new nubbins. Before I write them off, I'm going to put one in my Stainless AA and see if that helps.

If anyone has any tips on why the plastic nubbins failed me, I'd love some info. I like the concept, and wish to make them work.

Later ~

HoppysMag
03-09-2002, 04:40 PM
I LOVE the plastic nubbins, i'v had them for like 3 months now.. And iv only had barrel related breaks, like towards the muzzle.... Tell me more about your problem mabey i can help. or atleast learn
Where the nubbbins adjusted right. did you file down the back too much, or not enough??

BlackVCG
03-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Make sure your barrel o-rings are good and holding tight against the nubbin. Theres a raised edge on the backside of the nubbin. Make sure that surface is flush with the barrel.

Blazini
03-09-2002, 05:35 PM
What type of paint where you shooting? It could be that the paint was to small for the barrel. I think BOA's standard bore size is .692