PDA

View Full Version : Just got the FREAK

DOWNWITHANGELS
03-09-2002, 06:51 PM
I just got the freak system with one instert today for my minimag rt. I was tearing it up today. So if anybody wants to know, FREAKS are worth the money.

homer3dfx
03-09-2002, 07:00 PM
nice what size instert did you get with it

DOWNWITHANGELS
03-09-2002, 07:08 PM
The gold one. It was the second biggest. The guy there suggested it. I got a red front, so it would be cool to get the red insert, but it is so small...

Jonno06
03-09-2002, 07:28 PM
black or stainless back?how long is the front?do you have any pics of it on your gun?

DOWNWITHANGELS
03-09-2002, 08:29 PM
I got the black aluminum. Stainless was to pricy. I was contemplating between 12" and 14", and I went with the 14". Heres a pic, but you might have to download it.

paint king
03-09-2002, 09:12 PM
So you would reconmend a freak? That's great because i really want one once i get the money.

talls
03-09-2002, 09:29 PM
I second it!! Getting a freak was one thing that made my game easier and better. No more worrying about not having a good paint to barrel match because it will be perfect everytime. I recommend it to anyone who shoots many different kinds of paint or plays in many tourneys.

Major Ho
03-10-2002, 12:03 PM
So can someone explain to me how the freak inserts work with mags. I cant picture the inserts work with mag barrels. The only possible thing I can think of is kind of...unconventional. Either that or the insert begins right behind the nubbin which would lead me to believe that the ball would have to pass the lip of the insert which might cause breakage. I dunno..someone please clue me in. Ive seen a cocker threaded freak before but never put much thought into Smart Parts.

mountaindud
03-10-2002, 01:03 PM
I've got a freak - it literally doubled the range of my gun (used to have a lapco) And yes Major Ho the inserts go in kind of wierd. you can only push them in the front, and theres a little edge inside to keep them from going in too far.