PDA

View Full Version : Donut Orgy at LA Open

Army
03-10-2002, 03:38 AM
For all you SO-Cal AO'ers didn't make it there, you missed out on an AGD history lesson, insider corporate news, meeting with many industry big-wigs, checking out Bud Orrs drag-boat (SWEEET!), seeing and shooting Manikes cut and milled Extreem prototype with the matte blue finish (SWEEEET!), being put on Bill Mills camera for WARPIG, participating in an impromptu technical class, watching Jeff of Paintball Daddys put temporary tattoos on lots of hot womens(!), meeting up with Rocky Cagnoni....well I did at least!, getting to shoot Manny's rippin' SFL with HALO and ACE and prototype secret stuff, meeting and greeting the former Team Butterscotch Yo (you guys are going to pick their new AGD sponsored team name), getting to meet ThatSarahChick, buying a WGP jersey for $10, getting lots of free air, meeting up with around 20 other AO members......

....and getting sick to your stomach from too many Krispy Kremes!

Super fun time, I hope you Nor-Cal members get together and do the same next week!

Potatoboy
03-10-2002, 03:47 AM
Sounds like a blast, I guess Sarah did decide to go.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-10-2002, 09:43 AM
Why didnt you take pics of the donut orgy!?!?!

I wanted to put my face on one of the donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahah :D

Miscue
03-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Manny's EMag and the C&C was cool. TK took off the breech and had us all put our finger on the bolt and fire... :)

gibby
03-10-2002, 11:35 AM
Hehe...Yeah, had a blast meeting all you guys and was previleged enough to see "Big Red" in person. Nice marker Army. Also, it made me wish I wore my "Army" t-shirt too...lol!

Also, putting my finger in front of a moving bolt was rather interesting as I put good faith in TK. We saw many instances of TK putting on his marketing hat too. The small little tech class taught me quite a few as we got to see into the mind of the man, the myth, the guy behind AGD. I must say, he's a really cool guy, thanks again Tom! =)

And of course, meeting up with the AO peeps and passing the box-o-donuts around. Fun stuff. I only wished I could have stayed longer. But all in all, very cool!

Blennidae
03-10-2002, 12:05 PM
I thought there was a rule about posts like this requiring pictures...;)

Well, we're waiting, someone had to take some, right?

Army
03-10-2002, 12:50 PM
OK, here's one. Warped Shocker!
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/la/gallery/MVC229S.jpg

Army
03-10-2002, 12:53 PM
"Hey Rocky!" "What?" "You look like a mad Poodle!"
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/la/gallery/MVC296S.jpg

SoupRman
03-10-2002, 12:55 PM
are you serious? so the extreme's are gonna be running serious LP? i have to see this.

Originally posted by Miscue
Manny's EMag and the C&C was cool. TK took off the breech and had us all put our finger on the bolt and fire... :)

Miscue
03-10-2002, 12:57 PM
Dead serious.

RoadDawg
03-10-2002, 02:45 PM
I had such a blast yesterday with all the AO members. The tech class tought me more then I thought I'd ever know about mags. It was sweet checking out all those nice Extremes and SFLs. Army that is one nice setup you got there. I liked the Zgriped mini that was sweet as well. Too many donuts and coke made my stomach hate me last night. Thanks for the wonderful time.

Nick

tsc
03-10-2002, 02:53 PM
It was fun :)

Got to meet a buncha AO members, got a big hug from TK, talked w/ Keely Watson for a while, got to hear about all the new stuff being done.. if you missed it, you should be kicking yourself.

The trade show was way fun, I mooched so much stuff off of vendors it's ridiculous.
When you walked out of the Diablo tent, they attacked you with stickers (I'm not kidding).
Nearly every booth was giving something out, and I pulled the "can I have this 'cuz I'm cute?" act with some of them :)

the angel marketing was...wow. Now I know why their guns are so expensive, they need to pay for the advertising! I did see the champagne IR3, it is NICE, weird grip or not.

I *almost* got onto the press box that looks out over the feild, but I wasn't wearing a mask :(

Let see...said hi to rocky cagnoni, saw his angel wing tattoo (its cool), talked with keely watson, got some pics of TK and the owner of WDP shaking hands.

All in all, fun day :)

magman007
03-10-2002, 02:53 PM
no no no, not low pressure. They were testing out the ace. If you rember that the ace was put in to manny's sfl. thats why they were putting thier fingers in the breach

Minimag4me
03-10-2002, 03:49 PM
actually it was low pressure, so sweet. Thanks tom and everyone else. It was nice meeting you all and playing with all the fun stuff. My wgp cup was dirty:( (haha)

SlipknotX556
03-10-2002, 04:33 PM
mmmmmmmmm dounuts

Mr. Grumble
03-10-2002, 05:20 PM
test

Mr. Grumble
03-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Next

Mr. Grumble
03-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Again

Mr. Grumble
03-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Sorry I did not get the pics up sooner. I've been helping my wife wallpaper the Dinning Room.
-Mr. Grumble

Load SM5
03-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Aaaah, I want to send my SFL in and never chop paint again!

Looks like you guys had fun. Sorry I missed it. Was'nt that prototype e-mag Tom's holding in his hand in that last pic amazing? No kick at all!

Mr. Grumble
03-10-2002, 06:01 PM
one more

2UnREal
03-10-2002, 06:03 PM
Were those pics just above before or after the party started?

CockerGuy
03-10-2002, 06:08 PM
It was cool to meet all you guys. Yes yes i own a cocker but love me for who i am:) ya it was a kick *** Tourney i went with my friend Chris who has a mag. I only wish Cocker people had a Web site like this where they would all meet and stuff i was really impressed. Aight i am tired i just got back from Paintball Island.

-peace
Your friend from the cocker realm

2UnREal
03-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Army: Free air :)

Miscue: I must have missed the demo of putting our finger on the bolt. Will that be stock for all the Extreems? If so, I'm definetely selling my wanna-be but pretty E-mag.

oneshot
03-10-2002, 06:21 PM
was the low pressure , like a matrix? could your finger stop the bolt from moving entirly?

tsc
03-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Black shirt black visor is me. Gross, huh? :)

Mr. Grumble
03-10-2002, 06:36 PM
2unreal

Were those pics just above before or after the party started?

I took the above pics between 3:30 and 5:00, so it was after the start time.

I delivered doughnuts that morning and went over to the rec-ball fields to hook-up with my brother-in-law. We made it back to the tent around 3:30.

I'd have made it back sooner, but the guys at the WGD stand at the rec-ball field blew the burst disk in my HPA tank and I had to head back to Grizzly's to get it replaced.

-Mr Grumble

jurassic
03-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
:D
Is this some of the secret protoype stuff Army was talking about???
It sounds like my old Vector. The bolt would stop on a misfed ball and stop. Push the Safety button and the bolt would cycle back and allow the ball to fall completely into the chamber and continue to fire.:) Never had a complete ball chop!
Is there any more you can tell us about the Extreme Emag?:eek:

Miscue
03-10-2002, 06:57 PM
It's a side effect of all the things they're doing to make Mags soopafly on cheezy paint.

oneshot
03-10-2002, 07:15 PM
hey miscue, is there going to be a formal post on the side effects, as you call it? can you give us ao peps any more info, or could tom explain it to us,

Mango
03-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Grumble
test

Army: At ease, soldier! :p :D

Miscue
03-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by oneshot
hey miscue, is there going to be a formal post on the side effects, as you call it? can you give us ao peps any more info, or could tom explain it to us,

I won't say anything because I don't want to tell you something that's not true... the information is pretty new to me and I'm not sure if I understand what's going on exactly... but I'm sure the info will be coming.

Blennidae
03-10-2002, 09:34 PM
caption contest?

Army
03-10-2002, 10:00 PM
LOL Blennidae! You noticed the "Oh my gosh, how am I gonna eat another one" look on my face!

Cha0tic
03-10-2002, 10:06 PM
army, how many army t-shirts do you own? at least one for every day of the week?

Miscue
03-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Guy on right is John Rice (WDP).

magman007
03-10-2002, 10:49 PM
may i go one further?

2UnREal
03-10-2002, 10:52 PM
Did anyone catch the price on the new C&C Extreem mags?

Army
03-10-2002, 11:14 PM
Production cost figures have yet to be tallied, so an end price will not be known until then.

clanger
03-10-2002, 11:15 PM
i was the guy in the picture the oneil hat, and you can't see me, just my hat and my attractive backside of my head! woohoo!

chris

Chupas2
03-11-2002, 09:08 AM
I have some Pics I'll post later today when I get home and edit some of them. Check back later today.

DJTmRave3
03-11-2002, 11:15 AM
hey chupas2, is this Allen? IF so, this is Jay. It was cool hanging with you guys. Cant wait till NPPL Chicago.
BY the way, who has my jersey. I may need it this weekend for a tourney.

Chupas2
03-11-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey Jay, Skirts has it. I'll get ahold of him and have him call TJ for where to send it. We can get it down to you by this weekend.

DJTmRave3
03-11-2002, 11:25 AM
The AGD booth was hot all day long on Saturday. I was the one with the Team Rave Red T-shirt and visor on that was coming in and out of the AGD booth. I also got to shoot Manny's SFL....IT is sweet. Maybe Tom K. and hook Rave up like that since we are sponsored and all...hehehe. sorry I did not get to talk to more of the AO people there, I was just busy with the WPF stuff I was sent there to do. Since I did get a FREE TRIP to LA...I thought I might better do what I was suppost to do.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO BUTTERSCOTH YO!!!!!! Nothing like a dip in a COLD pool to get the blood running.

hitech
03-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Now I know why I hate getting my picture taken!

skirts
03-11-2002, 06:43 PM
well i figure its time to give my input on the week

1) the new cut and carved emag is tooo sweet
i cannot believe how light it is.

2) mannys gun rips, although i dont suggest anyone else sticking their fingers in front of their bolts, (not a good idea)

3) much to my suprise, Kevin Hopkins of Lockout and his brohter are two other pros playing with regular old mags in the pro scene.
(let me just say that kevin is awsome and i suggest everyone keeping an eye out on lockout this year, good luck my scottish brother)

4) if you didnt catch the pics of our girls in the hot tub you missed out

5) the guys from team RAVE are awsome, we had an awsome time partying with you guys, well see you in chicago, and ill be sending your jersey back jay, hehe

6) this is my plug for PAINTBALL JUNKIES, their products are hot and jon is the man, if you dont own some junkie pants then your missing out guys

thanks tom for dinner, chupas and i had an awsome time
thanks anyone that stopped by and said hey to us butterscotch yo boys
sorry we couldnt hang out more during the orgy, but someone had to teach the west coasters about what were coming up with in the midwest

love to all

skirts

frgood
03-11-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry were those kripy kreme or Dunkin Donuts?
I need DD coffee.

frgood
03-11-2002, 09:38 PM
err...Krispy Kreme!

Army
03-11-2002, 11:51 PM
Yup, the Butterscotch Yo boys are cool buds to hang with. I could see they were drooling over Big Red, let's hope their team guns will be at least half as good.........

PB Junkies stuff rips! The pants are heavy duty slick canvas(like) with skid pads on the knees and butt, and the inside is meshed lined for cooling and comfort. Their jerseys are lightweight, yet really strong. The graphics are sweet too. I plan on picking up pants and jersey, in RED of course! Sarah was eyeing the purple ones!

:cool:

Mango
03-12-2002, 07:04 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/pepsi.JPG

RoadDawg
03-12-2002, 03:33 PM
They were Krispies. Believe me when I say that. By the way did anyone get a good picture of the back table with all the empty donut boxes? Then people would really know how many donuts were consumed. Anyways... had lots of fun.

Mr. Grumble
03-13-2002, 03:50 AM
There might have been more, I lost count. Too much sugar, memory getting fuzzy. . .

-Mr. Grumble

Chupas2
03-13-2002, 08:14 AM
There was more. We had 3-4 boxes behind the booth that we were eating.

RoadDawg
03-13-2002, 01:13 PM
I'd almost swear we ate more then that.