PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet Ak

RTMAGBOY13
03-10-2002, 12:25 PM
where can i get a ricochet Ak??

mountaindud
03-10-2002, 12:59 PM
They were a promo. They are suposedly releasing them in December of this year followed by 18 Volt Ricochets in late 2003

*EDIT* - Yes they are in the Action Village/Paintball Gear Online Store now, Black-$70.00, Colored-$75.00. My friend ordered one and he seems to be rather happy with it.

RTMAGBOY13
03-10-2002, 06:47 PM
anyone else no anything about this?

personman
03-28-2002, 11:08 AM
I can get my hands on a Ricochet AK for you, for around 75 + shiping. Brand new.. or you could order one from http://www.paintballgear.net

Chupas2
03-28-2002, 11:24 AM
The owner gave me one at the LA open. Stick with a Revy. Don't really care for it. It's not bad just my opionion is the revy is better and quiter.

mountaindud
03-28-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Chupas2
The owner gave me one at the LA open. Stick with a Revy. Don't really care for it. It's not bad just my opionion is the revy is better and quiter.

Yes they aren't much better than the ReVLution speedwise, but they aren't terribly loud, the one you got at the LA Open must have had the original ricochet hardware which was very loud. They are much quieter now, and if you have an old one they'll replace the motor with a new one for free.

Also the brush sensor in it, is far more efficient. It doesn't get shorted out by paint or even water because it is a "flex" sensor. When paint drops down the feed neck the sensor bends and starts the motor and spins for two seconds after each ball. BUT even more importantly is keeps the paint from jumping back in the loader.