PDA

View Full Version : questions and problems with my RT Pro

mattimaru
03-10-2002, 12:41 PM
I recently obtained an RT Pro and am extremely happy with it! I only have a few questions and problems.
1. When my tank is just filled i seem to chop very easily but when my tank has about 1000psi left it shoots very well. I am also new to nitro so maybe its my tank.

2. because there is no video for the RT Pro am i to assume that the disassembly is the same as a mag?

3. (This could relate back to number one) Why is the RT trigger never the same feel/pull?

Thanx to anyone and everyone who answers!

Load SM5
03-10-2002, 12:50 PM
1. Check your input presure from the tank (if it's adjustable). You may have it set too high causing the trigger to bounce too easily and chop. Do you seem to fire 2 balls with one pull sometimes? As your pressure drops in the tank it'll tend to cause the output pressure to drop a bit and make the trigger less reactive. This may be why your trigger gets better as your tank gets lower. Try setting your tank output at around 750 or so. This might be the answer to number 3, as well.

2. Disassembly is pretty much the same, but you can still get an RT video from Airgun. It won't be the pro but it will help you with the inner workings of the RT valve.

mattimaru
03-10-2002, 12:54 PM
if it is adjustable how do i adjust it? i just emailed the guy i got it from asking that so i dont know yet. how can i tell?

thanx for the help load sm5

Load SM5
03-10-2002, 02:19 PM
What kind of tank is it? Any chance you can take a pic? Chances are if it just screws in, it's not adjustable, unless it's an ACI bulldog.

mattimaru
03-10-2002, 02:52 PM
its a screw in 68cu 3000psi PMI pure energy tank. the label on it is pretty beat up so there is no point in taking a picture of it.
im going to look into buying a new tank soon.

Load SM5
03-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Then I'd find a nice adjustable. Flatlines and Centerflags are really good for the price.

mattimaru
03-10-2002, 03:02 PM
how about an air america melee? those are in my price range. what are some of the best affordable adjustable nitro tanks?

Load SM5
03-10-2002, 03:08 PM
I got a great deal on my used Dynaflow. $300 with the shocktech drop. Stay away from Buuldogs as they tend to not work very well. I've also seen a lot of Nitroducks going down lately. I'm not familiar with melee's, but Air America does make a good product. If it's adjustable it'd probably do fine.

mattimaru
03-10-2002, 03:10 PM
well if im going to buy a new tank ill have to sell my current one. ive never heard of dynaflow. is it adjustable? do they have a website? plus im canadian and 300 american might be a bit too much for me.

and ive read that the melee is set to 800psi would that be good?

Load SM5
03-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Centerflag makes it. I would go ahead and save up for an adjustable if I were you. Otherwise you might have the same problems you're having now with your trigger being too reactive. Check out www.pbreview.com and look at the air systems. They have reviews on air sytems and some prices. Maybe that'll help you decide.

mattimaru
03-10-2002, 03:23 PM
yeah im a big user of pbreview.com and i just found the dynaflow on there.
funny thing is i cant find any canadian sitest that sell them. all i see are these 400/401 kinda things. what is that all about?

PyRo
03-11-2002, 10:23 AM
Maybie the reg on the take is broken, and its outputting the actuall pressure in the tank? Does it feel more reactive when the tank is full, then when the pressure gets lower?

Load SM5
03-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Outputting the actual pressure? 3000 psi. I don't think he would be talking here if that was the case. He would be in the hospital having valve bits removed from his face.

Predater
03-11-2002, 11:17 AM
why would he have valve in his face? the reg on a mag can handle 3k easily. i dont recomend it thow.

Load SM5
03-11-2002, 11:25 AM
Ah, ok.

mattimaru
03-11-2002, 11:35 AM
yeah the trigger is much more reactive when the tank is full. and when its got about 1500 left in it its very easy to tell its less reactive.
maybe its just cuz i only have one regulator (in the mag).

mattimaru
03-11-2002, 02:16 PM
i was just talking to the guy who i got my RT from and explained my problem and he said it might be cuz my bolt is worn down. it is worn down and he said this could cause a run away mode kinda thing.

is this a possibility?