PDA

View Full Version : Help....leaks In Mag

KOP_jedi_master
03-10-2002, 02:17 PM
ok i have a 68 mag classic with a vert adapter....and when i gas up my gun it is fine....i hold down the trigger to test the on/off and its fine...but when i shoot rapid it leaks out the barrel....i know that is the power tube but everything is fine(o rings) but i have noticed one thing....instead of a power tube spring i have just a little round gold colored peice with numbers...also i went out and held down the trigger and i had the lawn sprinkler effect...it goes putt...putt putt when i hold down the trigger....i know that would have something to do with the on off but when i went in to the on off everything is FINE(orings) so now i dont know what to do...i ordered the parts kit off of county paintball and a 16 oz tank....also i had heard a small leak from the back! so what do you think i should do....go in and replace every single o ring i can or send it in to airgun designs.....also is it free to send it in to air gun designs...i have one star on the side of my gun......what should i do....thinks for listening to me...also i just got this gun from a guy on the internet...he said that the power tip o ring is old and he didnt know how long it would hold out....but it looks fine

thanks and please help me....also is that little gold think in place of the power tube spring supposed to be there....

Derek

Gunga
03-10-2002, 03:18 PM
The 'putt putt'/lawn sprinkler sound is from the top orings in your on/off being bad.

The little round gold thing in your power tube is the 'power tube spacer'. It is what you should have in there. Power tube springs are no longer used. What's the number on the PT spacer? They go in 5 thousands of an inch increments (e.g. .215, .220, .225, & .230). Your leaking problem under rapid fire might be prefiring. If so, you can fix it by going to a shorter PT spacer.

But...with all the problems you're having, I'd suggest buying a AGD parts kit for your Automag and replacing all the o-rings. The parts kit costs about $20.

KOP_jedi_master
03-10-2002, 04:36 PM
oh ok...the pt spacer reads 225....how could i get a shorter one.........i ordered the parts kit already....you think i should just go ahead and just replace all the o rings and lube them up real good.....ok

Derek damn that tom kaye with his low budget old instrucions video

soilent green
03-10-2002, 05:21 PM
leaking out the back is due to your velocity being to high try turning it down a little if you are useing CO2 your old pt o ring if freezing a new one might help other wise it is the spacer you need a shorter one you can get a set from the online AGD store or if you are careful you can file yours down a little the only O rings you need to replace when you get your parts kit should be the power tube, on/off ones, and the reg seat. you can replace them all but you shouldn't have to if you don't want to if the leaking out the back persists when you turn the velocity down replace your reg piston oring let us know if you need more help oh if your runing CO2 your first upgrade should be nitro it makes the gun preform 10 times better

KOP_jedi_master
03-10-2002, 10:32 PM
i know about the hole nitro thing....but the only prob is....i live a while away from a pro shop that sells nitro......i have my own co2 fill station....and i am not sure if my velocity was high or low but i could get off some single shots(shoot once and shoot again after 10 sec) and boy did they fly good....i love my mag and it seemed to work great on co2...i am getting into the tourney scene pretty soon(april) and i want it to perform as good as it can.....but i cant afford to travel 45 min for 500 shots off of a 48 ci nitro tank....in practicing i shoot a good bit more of 500.....so what could i get to make my mag better to shoot off of co2.....anti siphon is on the way......but first i need to get it fixed....i am kind of afraid to go inside the regulator.....im afraid ill screw something up.....but if it still leaks if the velocity is lowered i guess ill have to huh?

Derek

Predater
03-10-2002, 10:47 PM
sounds like your mag is freezing. id go into the co2 thing but this is easier for all of us. type "co2" in the search feature with the only place being searched is the teck forum and see what comes up. i did it a weak ago for some kicks and i fot 7 good threads on the front page. thats the quickest way to get info on using co2. the search feture is at the top with the user cp and other stuff right above the title of the thread. hope that helps.

KOP_jedi_master
03-10-2002, 11:01 PM
thanks.....also im going to go to my proshop(actually my dads im visiiting him in dallas) and see if i can get just two smaller spacers...cause all of the o rigns look fine and ill see what is the deal with my velocity and try it out......i dont want the kit....what would i do with 3 or 4 pt spacers that are too big...im the only mag owner in my town........thanks alot guys...with your help ive already learned a great deal about my gun....

Derek