PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve question ??

Ice-Child
03-10-2002, 06:26 PM
I just put a retro valve on my marker. I have tried all the inserts, and it still doesnt seem to have lightened or eased the trigger pull any. I bought the Retr o on the premise that it lightens the trigger pull. Which all mags need. Am I doing something wrong ?? OR, is it just not as adjustable as I thought it was supposed to be ??

Thanks

Predater
03-10-2002, 06:55 PM
hows it going ice-child? i got my megareg and love it.:D

now to ansure the question. the retro doesnt lighten the trigger. it just makes it reactive. when you pull it in as soon as it fires the gun goes reactive and pushes the finger out. set the reg at about 900 and its great. lower presure=less reactiveness.

i have a question now. what is the max output on a megareg or minireg 2 cuz i have them both. i cant get them over 900 and i really want it at 1000.

I <3 MAGS
03-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Are you useing a pre-set tank or adjustable? you might just have to turn down the output pressure if its adjustable. As for softening the trigger pull the retro makes your trigger reactive, it gets pushed back by the sear with the same amount of pressure you have going into the valve. If your pressure is set really high then that would make the trigger harder to pull and the oppsite with lower pressure.

I hope this helps

Ice-Child
03-11-2002, 08:11 AM
First off thanks for the input on the Retro Valve.

Second, the regs are both tapped at 900. They can adjust from 0-900. If you are wanting more you arent going to get it. Am not sure why you want it running so hot. To each his own I guess. But the Mega and the Mini II are both adjustable. But neither can go over say 925 at its best. They are made more for low pressure set ups. If you call the # in the bottom of Wacky Warriors sig. Ask for Brad or Chris. They own about 2/3's of Nitro Duck. Their Dad owns the rest of it. And before this looks to bad. Brad is like 27 I think and plays for Team Lockout. Chris is around 38 and owns Paintball Outfitters store and Wacky Warriior Fields. Anyway either of them can help you. But I am pretty sure they only go to around 900. To get more it may take a little tweaking. And they will know how to do it if it can be done.

Predater
03-11-2002, 11:07 AM
first off thanks for the help. the reason i wanted it at 1000 is for the reactiveness. 900 works great thow. i just maxed the reg. the double reg thing probably wont allow it to go higher than 900 any way.

the higher the input pressure the more reactive the trigger. it is a crisp pull but can still be shot as fast as a electro or questionably faster. we wer playing with mine yesterday and had it out shooting a revy with intelifeed so fast it wasnt funny:D . i guess im going to have to get a HALO. as for you, play with input pressures to see how you like the trigger bounce. but remember the lower your input, lets say 650 and lower, the more chance of shoot down you have. i like the reactive trigger my self so i use a high input. the gun still cronies in as low as you want.