PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for flatline damage please!

bigjim117
03-10-2002, 07:04 PM
A person at my local field accidentally connected to the low/gun nipple on my flatline and tried to fill the tank. Well now when you try to fill properly, air just rushes out of the lp/gun nipple and the on off valve is useless. I believe it was in the off position when he screwed up.

I have no idea what kind of damage has been done, or if this is something I should attempt to repair on my own. I disassembled the top(spring pack)section of the reg and the o-rings there look fine. If anyone can help or offer advice, I'd appreciate it.
:(
-Jim

BlackVCG
03-10-2002, 07:12 PM
Your best bet is to call AGD and get it sent in. Have them thoroughly check it to make sure there isn't any serious damage to the system. I doubt anything but a few o-rings blew, but it'd still be safe to send it in.

I <3 MAGS
03-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Im not sure on this, but it sounds like he just might have messed up the nipple. If you can, buy a new nipple and see if that works. If that fails send it to AGD.

so many nipples, so little time :p

Predater
03-10-2002, 07:35 PM
just cuz you cant see a prob doesnt mean there isnt one. this is a hp tank. that means a bomb if its messed up and then filled. for safty sake call agd and get there opinion and document the call that way if the tank is screwd and they tell you its fine you have proof of the conversation.

PyRo
03-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Send it in, better to be safe, then to get hurt. If I were you, I would have had the field paying for any repairs.

MikeCouves
03-11-2002, 04:04 PM
PLESE call them and send it in. Paintball is all about safety and tanks are the most dangerous, although not that dangerous, in paintball equiptment. You can injure yourself if you do something wrong, so please call them and if they can tell you what to do, or send it in.

SGTKennedy
03-11-2002, 07:26 PM
I'd be willing to bet that he'll be able to fix it himself after calling AGD. They wouldnt design a product that needed to be sent in, costing them money, every time someone made such a simple mistake.
At least I hope they wouldn't, because my AA apocalypse tank had no problems when backfilled. Well, it did blow a guage.
-kennedy