PDA

View Full Version : WooooHoooo 1st day of paintball this season....

MidnightRider
03-10-2002, 07:29 PM
What a day it was... My first time on the fields of the new location of Team Products Paintball. This looks like it is going to workout great for the owner.

Now I had a little shock today also. I was talking to the owner about purchasing a new minimag some interesting info came up. It was mentioned that the owner had played for Team Swarm during its time that they were sponsored by AGD. Now is there anyway to verify this? He mentioned that he had went to the plant to build his own 'Mag and his own Minimag. I would like to know for what amount of time and the time frame of this sponsorship was? And if there is a roster list for this time?

Now for the kinda sad part. He now sells more cockers and spyders than mags. Due in part that he can't get an inventory in that comes anywhere close to competing with the internet sites. I can by a minimag for $300 after S&H from paintballgear.com while his book price for ordering a mini for me straight from AGD is MSRP of $550. This is not what his cost is. His is less than $550 but still over a hundred more than $300. Now I know that paintballgear.com is not just lowballing because they are not the only site to be less than $350. Is there a reason why business can get such a low deal while others cant? Or is it the online sites can sell enough other things that they can keep the price low on these products.

I am just kinda curious after having spent over 8 years in the retail business and working my way up threw the ranks. Does this local owner just need updated prices or is it because he doesn’t sell enough product?

Anyways the more important "?" in this post, to me anyways, is my first "?" about team swarm. I would love to see that I am playing with a celebrity.:D

Peace.

MR

eskimo
03-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Have you gone to his shop? It's at his house, and one of his kids plays. I talked with one of his sons teammates (he had a mag), and they said that they were sponsored by Shocktech. He has tropheys in the shop (his garage). The kid sounded like he knew his stuff, but I don't know how old 16-18 range. Gerry is really cool, I didn't know that he moved his field, maybe updated it.? I know there is a field opening in West Liberty, thought that was Velocity though?? I am in the Quad Cities, and my brother-in-law lives out side of Iowa City, we played out at Team Products in Nov.

Jonno06
03-11-2002, 06:03 AM
Well,SWARM won that so famous tourny is 91'so I guess they were sponcerd around then.I am not sure if he was really on Team Swarm.

MidnightRider
03-11-2002, 09:20 AM
G has moved both his field and his shop to what used to be the Tiffon Gun Club. If you take interstate 80, take the Tiffon turn off and head north toward Tiffon. He is the first driveway to the east. There is some scruff timber between his shop and the road so it is nicely secluded.

Here is the email he sent me about his moving….

That's right, we are sad to announce the closing of Green
Valley Paintball field and the store we had in Iowa City.
We are happy to tell you we have moved both too Tiffin
Iowa! That's right now we have the store and field in one
great location! Phone: 319-645-2036. Address 3246 Ireland
Ave. NW. Tiffin Iowa 52340. We have open play each weekend
from 8 am till dark, we have lights coming for night play,
should have the lights up by July? We are OPEN now, field
and store!! New store hours are 4 pm -8 pm monday -
friday. 8 am till the field closes on the weekends, yes,
the store will always be open when the field is open, nice.
The new fields are coming along fast with woods - speedball
- hyper tube field and yes one of the hottest TOWN fields in
IOWA!!! Pictures will be up on the web site soon as well as
all the new field info. You can see pictures of the field
and get a tournament schedule at Team Spanks web site now!!
The address is www.teamspank.com.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the new place soon.
Thanks.
Jerry Gerard

All he has at the moment is the 2 woods fields and a spool “speedball” field. His own website needs updating. He will have that done as soon as he can get someone to do it for him.

Hope to see you out at the field sometime.

Peace

MR