PDA

View Full Version : Removing the gas thru?

ramsee1
03-10-2002, 07:57 PM
I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there an easy way to take the gas thru off without damaging the finish? Here is the scenario: I recently bought a tko automag which came with a bottomline and gas thru grip. Halfway through the day, I developed a leak in the seam of the grip, I am guessing the top portion is the vertical bottle adapter? Anyway, I couldn't get the thing unscrewed for the life of me to check the connection. I don't know if it's just threaded, or if it has an o-ring seal or what. So can I really let loose to undo this thing? I wound up just running the macroline from the regulator to the bottomline. I don't even understand why that extra set of macroline runs through the grip to begin with. At any rate, I am going to put a shorter grip on so I can run a drop forward. Thanks in advance. :)

Predater
03-10-2002, 08:03 PM
first off i have a gas through. i think they look beter than the long hose runing to the valve. personal preference i guess:) now you could rap that gas through with a couple of rags and then use chanel locks. if you or your dad has a strap wrench them work the best. a strap wrinch is like what you use to remove a oil filter on a car incase you wer wondering.:D

ramsee1
03-10-2002, 11:22 PM
Yeah that did the trick. The hose running from the size of the marker down to the bottom line is actually just a bit longer than to the gas thru. But when I put the drop forward on, forget about it! It was the whole length of macroline I would have used. Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated.