PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you know about the Extreme valve.

Cypres0099
03-11-2002, 07:21 AM
I've just heard that AGD has made a valve for the Extreme Emag that will stop if you put your finger over it.

I don't know if AGD made an anouncement and I missed it but could you give me some more info on this?

Thanks

kilaueakid
03-11-2002, 08:30 AM
My bolt doesn't move forward if you put your finger in front of it. I don't think most mags do for that matter. I don't suggest putting your finger in there, but try with a barrel swab or something. I think the new ones move forward with less force/speed, so it hardly puts any pressure on your finger if it is in the way of the bolt.

kila

Chupas2
03-11-2002, 08:49 AM
There is a new valve coming. Tom's still working out the bugs but it should be on the C&C guns. It is true that you can put your finger in front of it and it won't take the tip off.

oneshot
03-11-2002, 08:50 AM
hopefully we will get an official announcement from agd soon on this subject:D

RobAGD
03-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Ok People here is some info.

#1 People are confusing some of the things going on in the Extremes. The putting the finger in front of the bolt and puling the trigger is an ACE funstion. The gun wont fire unless it sees a ball.

#2 The Alumium Valve in some of the guns has a bit larger air chamber. Tom has been petering around with the air chamber pressures. We are not talking bolt pressure like the Cockers and stuff. ( a good Ram/front reg combo will work on about 50-60psi on a 1/4" Sq area thats about 15psi )

#3 The "NEW" stuff I am not allowed to talk about are whats really going to make the differnace in how the gun handles brittle paints. Manny, Me, Tom and a few other have had great luck shooting this set up. It really does rock.

There should be lots more info on this set up soon. Tom is close to final from my understanding on the whole deal.... Heck I am still waiting for "Production parts" so I can swap out my hand made stuff :)

-Robert

Dave
03-11-2002, 09:21 AM
Has there been any significant changes in the consistency with these new changes? My retro was having a lot of consistency changes, and it was hard getting a ball to go in the general area of the last one. Any more consistency for the retro? Are you allowed to tell us if this will be something that we can 'retro' fit onto our guns, or does it require us to buy a whole new something, like a valve?

-Dave

thecavemankevin
03-11-2002, 11:45 AM
the rt valve should be running extremly constistant. what type of set up are you running, and nitro input preasure. Furthermore what type of tank are you using. It might be a problem with your tank?

soilent green
03-11-2002, 12:25 PM
your reg seat might be bad

Manuel_FZR
03-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
(...)
#3 The "NEW" stuff I am not allowed to talk about are whats really going to make the differnace in how the gun handles brittle paints. Manny, Me, Tom and a few other have had great luck shooting this set up. It really does rock.

There should be lots more info on this set up soon. Tom is close to final from my understanding on the whole deal.... Heck I am still waiting for "Production parts" so I can swap out my hand made stuff :)

-Robert

Oh Rob ... youīre lucky to know the details ... I really canīt wait to get the details and then order my c&c ...

Hysperion
03-11-2002, 08:05 PM
will our sfl's be upgraded? that would piss me and probably the rest of the sfl owners off if we don't get the option of whatever this good stuff is in our guns just because we bought the first batch....I'd be willing to pay to have it put in but how much?

Load SM5
03-11-2002, 08:17 PM
When I talked to Tom down at Mardi Gras he told me to hold off sending my gun in for the ACE until he got the ball breaking issue fixed. He would put all the upgrades in at the same time, then, so I suspect he meant it would be free to the current SFL owners.

Bonx0007
03-11-2002, 08:29 PM
At the open Tom told us a whole bunch about the extreme mag. Since i am not sure what he wants told to the public best thing is to wait for tom to say it first to you all. I don't want to say it wrong. Wish I could help more. All I can say is you will be suprised at the engineering genius going into that gun to make it perfect for us. Got to love Tom for that.

Cypres0099
03-11-2002, 08:34 PM
Do you want me to lay awake at night wondering what's going on in Tom's workshop, while I sing the Flying Purple People Eater song and drool on myself!?

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!

Minimag4me
03-11-2002, 08:49 PM
yes thats what we want

and rob we arent confusing it(#1)

Rock Star
03-11-2002, 08:51 PM
It must suck to test out the new vlave and hope theres no errors. :)

Cypres0099
03-12-2002, 07:29 PM
Tom, I think it's time for some intervention, that's right isn't it? Please! Before the rumors go too far and somebody gets hurt!!!

**sobs uncontrolably**

Manuel_FZR
03-13-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Cypres0099
Tom, I think it's time for some intervention, that's right isn't it? Please! Before the rumors go too far and somebody gets hurt!!!

**sobs uncontrolably**

Yes, tell us something ... we canīt wait to see/hear/feel ... ;)