PDA

View Full Version : Paintball as a sport...

Telefragged
03-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Hey, I have to write a paper for one of my school classes about how paintball qualifies as a sport. I wholeheartedly think it is, but I need to get "supports" for my topic. I'm just asking for a few opinions from from experienced players on the topic. Also, I'm writing another "paper" on how it is one of the safest sports, and someone posted a link to an APG article on safety, could I get a few opinions on that as well? Thanks a lot!

Jonno06
03-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Paintball is a sport because it has rules,and athletes.Thats all I can think of now,and many magazines have talked about it being the safest,but the original article was by a insurance company awhile back i believe.

Telefragged
03-11-2002, 03:31 PM
Cool, cool, Anyone else? Argh, I hate this class...

skipdogg
03-11-2002, 04:20 PM
Not sure what the definition for a sport is.. but paintball is physical activity/uses a points system for scoring tournaments/requires skill & practice to be good at. How bout that. Also, there are "profesional" teams that play for money. Shoot, if golf and fishing are sports than just about anything is.

Major Ho
03-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Here are a few "sports" that I am skeptical about:
Golf, Cheerleading, Fishing, Bowling, Nascar.

But i supposed anything that you would compete in a physical nature would be considered a sport.

Paintball, Sometimes I question it being a sport myself but I slap myself and think twice. You obviously compete in paintball. Defined rules and regulations, Teams, a whole set of leagues and events(World Cup!) I dunno, those are just a few things off the top of my head to help you out.

SlipknotX556
03-11-2002, 08:09 PM
Its a sport becasue..

1. Involves team work.
2. Need skill to be as good as a pro.
3. Alot of people play it around the world.
4. Has rules.
5. ITS JUST A GREAT GAME!

CleenSweep
03-11-2002, 08:13 PM
If curling is a sport then is so is paintball.

Figure skating....that's not a sport but they say it is.

FeelTheRT
03-11-2002, 09:41 PM
-bowling takes concentration, skill and presition(sp?)
-fishing takes patience and skill
-figure skating requires flexability, grace, and all around muscles ie leg, arm, ect
-I do'n think cheerleading is a sport at all
-i dunno about Nascar racing
-currling, i have no idea what it is but i've herd that its crazy.

Paintball being a sport is very questionable to alot of people... But anways paintball takes confidence, teamwork, skill, and really good depth preception to play. And something that no other sports require...
Tons of cussing and equipment throwing (Unless your Happy Gilmore playing golf).

Telefragged
03-11-2002, 09:53 PM
Wow, thanks you guys, got a bunch of great stuff here, personal commentaries! I wonder how the guy on the other side of the arguement is gonna make out :confused: sucker...

Hemlock86
03-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Arnold Scwartznegger argued that body building IS a sport...how did he argue this? Easy, his main focus was that in Body Building, there is competition and physical activitey. This is also true in paintball. Read Arnolds encyclopedia of body building to read this.

peace