PDA

View Full Version : degassing but there is still air...

anthraxxx
03-11-2002, 01:27 PM
have any of you experineced this?

I use nitro and for some reason when I degassed the last few times there is some air left in the marker. i know this because when i go to pull out the valve i would hear a hissing sound after i get the valve out the body. this might also explain why the value is sticking when I try to get it out of the body as well, i.e. pressure is in the valve, forces out the on/off pin which is getting caught on the inside of the body as i try to get it out. any idea why this is happening? when i degass i pull the trigger to release the valve. could it be that the trigger rod has shortened itself some how (i didn't mess with it) and it is not pushing the on/off pin as high as it should be? this might cause the valve to stick in the body, would it also cause air to remain in the marker after I degass?

synreal
03-11-2002, 01:37 PM
your gun is perfectly fine.

all that means is that there is some air in the line from your tank to the valve, but not enough to cycle the marker. this happens to everyone, nothing to worry about. your valve is sticking out of the gun because of your bolt spring.

if for some reason it is a concern, you can always run a quick disconnect in between your tank and valve (this makes oiling the gun easier too)

PyRo
03-11-2002, 03:55 PM
This is normal. Do you have any type of quick disconnect etc between the tank and valve? If you do releasing it would solve it. If not, you can unscrew the tank... Otherwise just hold down the trigger when you back the valve out, that will keep it from getting stuck on the on-off pin.

iisp0tii
03-11-2002, 06:02 PM
my gun does this every time i de-gas it. i hav micro line so when i take out one side of the macro line, i spin the connector that is on the valve & it releases the air. if you have your gun degassed & the valve wont come out, push the trigger rod back & the spring on the bolt should give your valve a little push on out.

Restola
03-11-2002, 06:36 PM
i degassed my retromag the other day and i was able to fire a shot. i have no idea why.

MikeCouves
03-11-2002, 06:51 PM
You guys think that's weird? When I had my Spyder SHUTTER I was shooting it out in my backyard, and I took the tank off. Then I shot the trigger and it fired a full pressure shot. I did this for like 10 shots, and was completely confused. I then put a paintball in the gun and it shot it fine!! I was really confused. It lasted 30 shots without a tank? :confused:.

SGTKennedy
03-11-2002, 07:20 PM
the shutter has an inline regulater doesnt it?
you must have had gas left between the gun and the reg. and because low pressure is soooooo much better, its got a large gas reserve for the valve, and you had enough to shoot.
maybe you had liquid between rather than gas?