PDA

View Full Version : Need help with E-mag problems

56kSomeGuy
03-11-2002, 01:48 PM
I just got my nitro tank and after i gassed it up and put it on my gun the powertube leaks. I changed the o ring and tried out all the spacers that i had. After trying all the spacers the .215 spacer stops the leak at first but then after a few shots it leaks again. Also when i gas it up it like shoots 5 shots without me touching it. Is this natural? Another problem is after i pull the trigger a few times once and a while the gun will fire like a 5 shot burst without me holding down the trigger. It does the same in manual and in emode. I got this gun used so i would expect some problems at first but now i'm kinda stumped at how to fix these problems. I'm also new to the e-mag and the nitro. Any help would be good. Thank you for all who reply.:)

Chef123161
03-11-2002, 02:37 PM
How "used" is this gun. If it didnt see much action or the orings were recently replaced, this isnt uncommon. My E-Mag did this to me as well because the orings werent broken in. After about 20 times of airing it up, the cycling when gassing up and the PT leak was gone. Just use a straight shot squeegie to push the bolt back when gassing up until the orings break in.

56kSomeGuy
03-11-2002, 02:56 PM
I replaced all the o-rings in the valve. I think the gun is in good shape even though the valve's serial number is #33. What do you mean by " the o-rings breaking in?"

Chef123161
03-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Wearing and seating properly.

[M@g_D@ddy]
03-14-2002, 10:35 AM
sometimes, when i gas mine up, i turn it to manual(rt mode) and hold the trigger down, and gas it up. then when my air is on, i leg go of the trigger and dry fire it a couple times. that's if i have a problem of it leaking. and it works ever time.;)

cphilip
03-14-2002, 10:41 AM
Don't foget to try a new bolt spring too.

Butterfingers
03-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Try to get a hold of one of those proteam .209 .202 and .200 spacers. Hehe Tom was right when he said proteam couldent make anything within tolerances. I had a bunch of these a while back. If you cant find a solution send a PM my way maybe I can dig one up for ya.

BlackVCG
03-14-2002, 11:46 AM
Your on/off pin is too short. Take some calipers and measure your on/off pin from top to bottom. Tell me the number and I can verify that it's too short. Everything you've described indicates you have too short of an on/off pin.

Butterfingers
03-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Also make sure you are using the black quad on-off o-ring. The shorter on/off pin on the e-mag wont work with the single urethane o-ring found on RT valves.