PDA

View Full Version : to port or not to port...

ramsee1
03-11-2002, 03:06 PM
that is my question. My TKO automag came with a Smart Parts Progressive barrel. It is pretty well ported (5 or 6 inches from barrels end). I also have a teardrop freak set which I haven't had the opportunity to use. Coming from the Spyder community, long barrels and a good amount of porting made for a nice barrel. However as I do my Automag homework I see that shorter barrels are preferred by a great many. So assuming my ball/barrel match is on the money, does anyone have a good recipe for a nice barrel setup (long barrel and no porting, short barrel and some porting, etc etc)? Accuracy and air effiency are definitely among my highest concerns. Marballizers and the new JTs are my balls of choice as well. And just for comparison sake, I am getting about a 2 foot hit radius at ROUGHLY 60 feet (with an occasional stray). Thanks!

TheTramp
03-11-2002, 03:30 PM
I like a 12 inch barrel with no more then 2-3 inches of porting. That seems to be about the norm around here.

PyRo
03-11-2002, 04:02 PM
What he said, something like the Lapaco autosprit/bigshot is nice.

ramsee1
03-11-2002, 08:55 PM
I actually taped up half the porting on the s.p. barrel and it did well. I've never shot lapco before, is it a big bore barrel? What paint do you all shoot? Thanks!

Predater
03-11-2002, 09:22 PM
i shoot nitroduck paint. its my field paint. its not that bad and works good with my berrel. i use a 12 inch berrel with about 1 and a half inches of porting. its a stainless bob log. i dont think they make them any more. if they do please pm me on whare i can get another. i want it for my other gun. its a rt to.

ramsee1
03-11-2002, 09:31 PM
Nitroduck just started making paint right? I thought i remember reading an ad.

Predater
03-12-2002, 05:40 PM
the paints ben around a while. ive used it a couple of years. its field paint. for 30 bux per half a case its not bad. shoots streight if its clean. break a ball in the hopper and your screwed.;)