PDA

View Full Version : What does the super bolt really do???

Flash
03-11-2002, 03:36 PM
I realize that it cuts down on recoil, but does it increase accuracy? Can your mag run at a lower pressure because the bolt is half the weight? How long do the sleeves last?
If you own one can you really say that there is a great or at least moderate improvement when using the super bolt?

Thanks for your help.

PyRo
03-11-2002, 04:04 PM
Doesn't increase accuracy, or change pressure. All it really does is reduce recoil, and make your gun a bit lighter. I don't own one, but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Exept for when they first came out, and had a few probs which AGD fixed.

Xzion
03-11-2002, 06:39 PM
The Superbolts also help prevent ball chops by providing longer 'bolt open time' seeing as the same air pressure to use a normal bolt is being used with a superbolt, and since the superbolt is considerably lighter, the superbolt will push the ball into the barrel, fire the ball, and return to the 'start' postion much faster as it has less mass, therefore giving the next ball more time to drop into the chamber between shots. I have one, and I personally love it, Ive heard the sleeves last for about a year or so, or 6 months under very heavy use.

MikeCouves
03-11-2002, 06:49 PM
They should last you a good bit of time with regular use. Like Xzion said a good year or so. I hear they dramatically reduce recoil because of the weight, which is a huge advantage if you ask me!!

Minimag4me
03-11-2002, 07:36 PM
it also quiets the gun, i have a ss barrel and with the ss bolt it pings greatly. With the super bolt there is no ping because its not metal hitting metal

Cha0tic
03-11-2002, 10:00 PM
it has slightly better accuracy during rapid fire due to the reduced recoil.

TheMagMan
03-17-2002, 09:35 AM
lol looks like a post from the tippmann forums

res0qjp2
03-17-2002, 06:19 PM
This forum is to help people out, I said what I thought about the superbolt, I have one, and it is not worth the money, so please quit putting people down.

JEDI
03-19-2002, 01:17 PM
I was a little confused and offended by your post in the super bolt conversation. What was wrong with those posts? I thought it was informative. I'm a little new to this stuff myself. Are you too good for this topic because you already know this stuff? There is no room for insults like that around here. People are trying to get some help, and ignorant people like you just degrade the forum.

res0qjp2
03-19-2002, 11:46 PM
I think tunaman realized how rude he was and took off the post, smart move