PDA

View Full Version : Ok, is the new extreme going to be opperating at a lower presure

thecavemankevin
03-11-2002, 05:54 PM
there has been a lot of speculation lately as to what the valve will be opperating at.
Or is it just the ACE system?

So what is the deal, are we allowed to know right now?

BlackVCG
03-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Maybe. Why does it matter anyway? Even if the Xtreme could shoot the most brittle paint without breaking it and it still operated at the same pressure would you believe it?

MikeCouves
03-11-2002, 06:03 PM
I think low pressure is just a "rage". Wow my marker can shoot at a lower pressure than yours! I don't think it makes a difference at all. BlackVCG I am seeing alot more of your lately :), you seem to be on more now.

oneshot
03-11-2002, 06:06 PM
If it is easyer on brittle paint, how ever they made it do that ,I will accept that, can't wait until the upgrades are avaliable:D

(not that I break paint much, at all now, just sometimes with the brittle, paint my team uses for practice)

LaW
03-11-2002, 06:56 PM
I've never had problems with brittle paint with my mags using a foamie bolt. Maybe like 1 break by the bolt ever :) otherwise it was a barrel match problem. It's cool to have new stuff out but I could care less if there was a very low pressure valve for the mag...

pumpamatic
03-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Hey, it could just sell the Extreme better. Then again, we aren't playing golf here.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-11-2002, 07:07 PM
What are you guys stupid or something.... 1. Low pressure is good cause it: saves money , why you ask? Well lets start since the bolt is hitting the ball at such a low psi, it is light on crappy paint meaning you can buy crappy paint and you wont see a big difference in the good paint which means when you go to a tourney and they offer you some crappy no name brand new paint like KICKING PAINTBALLS! you dont have to worry. Also there is alot less "kick" or recoil in the marking making it in a sense more accurate because you can control where your aiming at. Well then you say yah but you get like 0 shots per fill (sarcastically) because your like starving the valve. Well a propper LP setup has also a good flowing valve.

My bushy setup (one in sig is outdated is)

A vapor like mod (i did it i have 16 holes instead of 8, high flow and it dropped the gun about 60 psi)
i also have a great secondary reg, gladiator which is great with LP it also is polished the dookie out of on the inside
also i have a Vapor bolt, which is open faced , making it high flow too, not to mention along with the bolt orings it has it makes abosultey ZERO blow back.
My SMP w/ Rock Reg, is a great adjustable LPR which i can shoot nice and fast and at high strings not worry about drop off and also time the gun perfecting so i can get it to the point where the bolt is just pinching the balls.

I get 1100 shots out of a 45/4500 psi tank and +/- 2 over the chrony and you say who cares about LP.

trust me LP with high flow helps a gun alot.

also my bushy runs at 180 psi :) so ownij... if you still dont understand about LP i will give you a more detailed writing but in short terms... it saves money ... breaks... and accuracy (concistent alot)

thecavemankevin
03-11-2002, 07:27 PM
calm down, i was just curious!

I don't have any intentions of getting one either way as of right now. I just don't have the money, and my traditional mag with some upgrades works absolutly great.
But is there any harm in being curious?

LaW
03-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Well lp isn't always gas efficient :) so don't even bring that up. With my emag I've shot crappy paint and very brittle paint with no problems at all. 60psi behind the ball is all that matters to me. I could care less about low pressure and i'm sticking to that statement.

SyntaxError
03-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Well how could it be considerably lower pressure than a normal mag. Correct me if I'm wrong (and i probably am) but I was told that the mag's input pressure (from the tank) must be at least 550 psi and output( what the bolt is putting out) at like 350-450, to allow the gun to cycle correctly.

Also look at lp guns like shockers and matrixes. Their gas effieciency with compressed air isn't good at all, however since it is lighter on paint you get fewer ball breaks. Its a double edged sword.

hitech
03-11-2002, 08:26 PM
You can't simply refer to a marker as "low pressure". What pressure are you talking about? The peak pressure behind the ball. The "pressure" used to move the bolt. The pressure behind the valve?

Also, why do you think that "lower pressure" is easier on paint?

Bonx0007
03-11-2002, 08:32 PM
As far as breakage is concerned, it is not the pressure that matters, it is the bolt speed! Trust me. Someone big in the industry told me that.

Miscue
03-11-2002, 08:33 PM
Explain this: Why does a cocker with a 110psi barrel pressure have little problem with ball breakage... and a Mag with 60 psi does a bit? (1/1000 or so...)

Because the pressure has NOTHING to do with ball breakage.

<B>* Miscue knows what the real reason is, but he'll never tell... :) *</B> Just be assured that AGD has found out EXACTLY what the problem is and the Extreme will have all the fixes.

Hehehe.

theraidenproject
03-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
<B>* Miscue knows what the real reason is, but he'll never tell... :) *</B
Me: why must you taunt us?
miscue: you want the truth?!?! you cant handle the truth!
;)