PDA

View Full Version : RT Velocity Inconsistent

mercury
03-11-2002, 06:20 PM
I just want to know what kind of fluctuations in fps I should be seeing when chronoing my RT. I start out at about 240 and after chronoing according to AGD's procedures, I end up at about 280. Should it go up this much? I was just curious. I never notice accuracy problems resulting from inconsistency as it will consistently put balls on top of each other at good range but I was just curious as to how much difference in velocity I should notice when chronoing. Thanks for any help.

With this in mind, if I am not constantly firing rapidly, then my velocity won't be very consistent, will it? If I fire rapid fire, wait a bit, and then pop off a few shots slowly, my velocity could vary by up to 40 fps according to my chronoing. Is this normal?

Butterfingers
03-11-2002, 06:27 PM
DEFINATELY NOT!

My e-mag oftentimes gets within 2 fps of set velocity, more commonly +/-4fps.

I would check your reg seat o-rings, your reg pin o-rings and your reg psiton.

Predater
03-11-2002, 07:14 PM
It depends on input pressure. lower presure=more consistant. my gun has an input of 900psi. i love the reactiveness. over the crony i get 240 on first shot. after that i get 280 which is 5 under the field limit. with the lower input it will be more consistant but less reactive and a higher chance for shoot down.

mercury
03-11-2002, 07:25 PM
Ok, well I'm stuck with a preset tank right now at 800 or so so I guess that's a bit high. I read and understood the chrono procedures and the input pressure information, but I didn't have an idea of the fps fluctuations that will happen as it measures the psi in their charts. I basically wanted to know if fluctuations of up to 40 fps are normal. I've read quite a few threads about this and apparently, it is. My RT will fire consistently at the chrono while doing the chrono procedure at it's max velocity, but I was just curious as to how it would affect snap-shooting and such. I guess my first shots will always be a bit lower in fps, eh?

Predater
03-11-2002, 07:50 PM
you could hold the trigger in while on the field and then relese and fire at will. that will keep it consistant.:) but i have never noticed anything difrent when snapshooting. i do it all the time. and if you lower the input you will have less reactive trigger. i like it set at 900 as said in the previous post.

mercury
03-11-2002, 07:56 PM
Believe me, if I could afford an adjustable tank right now, I would get one, but I'm stuck with a preset right now. :) I notice I get in a good groove when my tank gets below about 1800 psi and the trigger is less reactive. It feels perfect and I'm sure I could adjust it to be like that all the time with an adjustable tank. Oh well, in time. I only play rec ball right now anyways so how much difference will it make...really?

Predater
03-11-2002, 08:23 PM
the way mine is, i can get the trigger to bounce full auto at will. i just have to be carefull to not outshoot my stuped revy:rolleyes: . i need a holo. but if you set it around 700 you will have full recharge and less reactiveness. if thats what you want. i dont play turny but i love it when people talk about how fast electros fire and then i let mine go full auto with it being micanical and a semi. all the reguler players at my field have angels, bushys, shockers, and theres one with a ematrix. then i have the lone micanical rt:D