PDA

View Full Version : choppage problem...

Kevmaster
03-11-2002, 08:59 PM
since i got my MicroEMag back from AirGun(who did a GREAT job, i wish i had sent it to them in the first place), my mag has been chopping a lot. i use a 10" freak with Anarchy paint. its ~3 weeks old and i tried the .687, .689 and .691 inserts with it. the .689 worked the best, but still would chop one of 40 or 50(and then after that, it was all over even after using my swab and clearing the barrel). the paint to barrel match was fine as when i poped the barrel on my cocker it worked like a dream. no chops. does anyone have any ideas? fommie bolt? super bolt? anything else?

btw, i set the bps to 13 and am using a HALO, however it even occurs in slow fire

Kevmaster
03-11-2002, 09:04 PM
oh, also, my on-off pin came to me (when i bought it) all scratched up and the bottom was slanted(terrible). so i called my supplier(paintball inc) and ordered a RT on-off valve assy since thats what my salesman(Lenny) told me to get for it. however, once i got it, the pin seems to be ~2mm longer and when i install it, the gun will not fire. i call him and he will not accept it back w/o a 20% restocking fee and he says thats the only pin he has. so, im here now and need a FLAT ;) onoff pin for a MicroEMag. where can i obatin this part as the people i usually deal with are complete idiots. oddly, i sent it off to AGD with the slanted (i did take a file to it to make it useable) one and it came back with the same one

hitech
03-12-2002, 11:16 AM
I don't know about the on/off pin. As for the ball breaks, are you chopping or is the ball breaking in the barrel (is there paint in the feed tube or only on the barrel)?

Chops are usually feed problems, barrel breaks ar usually paint problems.

Kevmaster
03-12-2002, 09:12 PM
well, the first one or two are in the breech and then 1 of every 2 afer that will break due to the excessive paint in the barrel

Bonx0007
03-13-2002, 09:02 PM
previously I had a chopping problem that was much like yours. Feel the edge of your bolt on the tip. some bolts have a sharper edge than others. This sharp edge can actually scratch or crack the ball on deck to get fired. especially if you have vert feed. I had a huge chop problem like you before. Then Tom told me to slightly round the edge of my bolt to make smoother for the ball on deck. I filed it down a tiny bit and it worked like a charm. I broke two ball last time I went out. One because I forgot to turn on my hopper:rolleyes: and the other one was because I short stroked it when firing really fast. I was happy because I went from chopping every twentith ball to chopping only two(which were my fault). It works. do this and let me know how it works. I use a file at first then move to some medium grain sand paper and finished it with some steel wool. Good luck!

Kevmaster
03-16-2002, 08:05 PM
ill give it a go. im also gunna go back, for now, to my old AA over the freak and go back to a Revvie to see if either the HALO or the Freak were causing the problem