PDA

View Full Version : Tom, is there a code list for serial numbers and production dates?

Bwaites
03-12-2002, 02:32 AM
Tom,

I realize this probably isn't a high priority, but there is a lot of interest in when guns were produced.

Would it be possible to post a list in resources of when serial numbers were produced?

For emags, the month/year would be great, for the rest, the year is probably fine.

Thanks,

Bill

P.S. Moderators, I thought long and hard about whether this should go in one of the other forums, but since it seemed more of a general interest, I put it here. Feel free to move it if you feel the the need.

bond1313
03-12-2002, 06:38 AM
Do a search this has been posted before.

cphilip
03-12-2002, 08:35 AM
No B, this is the right place. Sure the question has been asked but for the life of me I cannot say it has been properly answered though. I have never seen a progression of the serial numbers related to the aproximate dates they were installed in a marker. We know the progression of level 6 to level 7 and we kind of know when RT's, RT Pro's and Retro's were first introduced...and of course Emags but not the years related to the serial numbers. No one may know for sure. Only Tom is likely to have an idea. And I do not recall him ever giving us an answer on this but maybe I am wrong? And also remember these things can sit on the shelf for a while before being sold so it may not be an indication of the entire story of that particular marker.

Bwaites
03-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks Cphilip,

Bond, I realize this has been asked before, I have asked in regards to MY marker, but I was hoping we could put it up as a whole list so we don't have to keep asking.

Bill

bond1313
03-13-2002, 06:28 AM
Sorry, for being so snappy it just get tiring when people ask the same question over and over.

cphilip
03-13-2002, 03:28 PM
OK! Here is the scoop from JoAnn (note that she says they can tell you when it shipped to a dealer but who knows how long he might have had it before it sold so keep that in mind):

"Phil

Tom is out of town (out in sunny California) so I thought I'd tell you what I know about this issue. There really isn't a master code list for serial numbers and production dates.

I can tell you that we began building Automags at Level 7 as of serial number CF3456. Other than that, there isn't any code list.

We can usually check our records and find out when a specific serial number shipped from our factory to a dealer. Generally, the gun wasn't sitting around a long time here before it shipped to a dealer. We've been doing this kind of research for people for several years now.

The other factor to be considered is that we don't store/ship the valve assemblies in strict numerical order --- that would be quite a daunting task! So, there's a general progression of serial numbers over time but it's only general. I don't know if everyone would understand the challenge of tracking this information though.

Please feel free to let forum members know that they can call the office and ask us for information on their serial number and we'll check our records for them.

JoAnn"

Now please lets not all flood the office with age questions OK? I mean she probably will regret having said that! ;)