PDA

View Full Version : Shooting trouble

Soot
03-12-2002, 06:20 PM
hey, does anyone know what this is. The trigger on my mag won't push back out after some shots, so it stays back and keeps letting air out. i have to push it forward sometimes. is the velocity set wrong or the regulator?
thanks

Omicron
03-12-2002, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about but I think its bolt stick...

For bolt stick you have to replace the bolt spring or powertube spring (if your marker is that old).

nutz
03-12-2002, 06:52 PM
power tube spacer?? try different sizes maybe

Soot
03-12-2002, 06:57 PM
ok, thanks ill try to try those out

Omicron
03-12-2002, 07:07 PM
The bolt spring is only worn when it is lower than the bolt face...So don't replace it if it isn't lower than it.

Did you have this problem before? If yes, then buy a spacer kit and try it out.

Soot
03-12-2002, 08:42 PM
I just got this gun used yesterday,just checked the spring, and its above the piece that sticks out from the middle of the bolt by about the width of the metal on the spring itself (so probably less than a centimeter)
thanks

tysonmachado
03-13-2002, 07:59 PM
It sounds like your spring is getting old, it should look like the one in paintballjunkie13's signature. You should pick up a spacer kit and a parts kit, the parts kit comes with a bolt spring and all of the o-rings and seals the automag used. If you just bought it used it is a good idea to go through and replace all of the o-rings and seals just to be safe. This will eliminate/prevent most of the problems that occur with automags and it will give you a chance to familiarize yourself with the gun's internals. If you need help there is a blow-up diagram of all the automag parts at www.airgun.com and there are a lot of helpful posts in the tech forum here.

tysonmachado
03-13-2002, 08:01 PM
By the way, a spacer kit and parts kit should cost just over thirty dollars altogether.

Soot
03-13-2002, 08:07 PM
ok, thanks. i got it fixed at the field though. There were a bunch of parts messed up on the valve. don't remember what they were (because im new to mags) but i think they were the on off pin, or some other pin on hte valve was in upside down and two other things. Ill pick up a parts kit though. thanks and where do u call to put the gun under a new owners name?

Omicron
03-13-2002, 08:18 PM
Wow! Myy sig. picture was referred to! YAY!

And about calling to tell them its under a new owner...Thats registering your mag I believe. You can do it on the AGD site:
http://www.airgun.com/agwarranty.html

Have fun with your new mag!

Soot
03-13-2002, 08:19 PM
yea, thats probably it because i am using co2 too. thanks, and this should be in the tech forum right? forgot about that when i first posted