PDA

View Full Version : A small problem with my RT Pro...

OldSchoolMag
03-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Whenever I gas it up, it hisses with air VERY loudly!! I used it this week end with no problems, except sometimes when I'd gas it up, it would discharge (fire) itself once. Now it sputters, then hisses. I can't tell where it's coming from, because it's too loud. I'm wondering if I can fix this myself, seeing as I'm broke... any help!?

Thanks, OSM

Predater
03-12-2002, 07:34 PM
the single shot when gasing up is normal. if it dose it consecutivly then you might have a prob.

how fast are you gasing the gun up? when i gas up slowly it will his till i hit about 450-500 psi. got more info? it would be helpfull.

MikeCouves
03-12-2002, 07:39 PM
It might be that there is not enough pressure in going to the valve the seal it off. I am not sure though.

OldSchoolMag
03-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Gassing up speed? I screw in the tank and it begins to hiss out the gas before I finish, so ... about half way, I guess? I really don't know what you mean. I have a 47 ci 3000psi tank that's nearing 3 years, I just changed the o-ring, and it's pressure is about 800 psi. I'll try it on my old 'Mag to be sure... post back in a few.

thanks, OSM

Predater
03-12-2002, 09:39 PM
the tank wont affect your old mag like that. or it shouldnt any way. try to scew it on the rt with the trigger held in. then relese the trigger. see if that stops the leaking. if its just leaking when you gas up and not while its on the gun, thats normal.

OldSchoolMag
03-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Jeez! I couldn't even get it in my old Mag, which did gas up, but I couldn't get the tank fully in the bottom line! Hmm... I hope it's my tank! I'm getting a new one in a few months, around D-Day, but I just hope it's not my new RT! Arg... thanks all, takin' it to the pro shop this weekend.

OSM