PDA

View Full Version : new hopper

dabomb56
03-12-2002, 07:21 PM
i just bought a new 12 volt revvy and i went to go put the batteries in and it was one hell of a time to get the battery cover on over top of the batteries......is this normal....if not how could i help this

RATM
03-12-2002, 07:32 PM
Not sure if this is normal, but I haven't had mine for more than a couple months and its the same way. Just gotta use some muscle.

MikeCouves
03-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Yeah it's pretty tough to get in there alright. There's nothing wrong with it, that's a good thing because then paint wont get in and it won't ever come loose during a game or when you don't want it to.

dabomb56
03-12-2002, 08:19 PM
thanks for the help

DefiantGuy3901
03-12-2002, 11:54 PM
It does get easier after a while, the battery termial things at the top bend in. Not very much, but enough to make it easier.

halo13
03-13-2002, 10:17 AM
I just got a new 12v and I never had a harder time closing the battery door. After 10 min (and actually breaking part of the body) I got so fed up that I ended up hammering the plate in place with a rubber hammer. Next time I think I'll unscrew the main body slightly, and then put the battery plate in place.

personman
03-13-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by halo13
I just got a new 12v and I never had a harder time closing the battery door. After 10 min (and actually breaking part of the body) I got so fed up that I ended up hammering the plate in place with a rubber hammer. Next time I think I'll unscrew the main body slightly, and then put the battery plate in place.
The unscrew thing diddnt work well for me.. I have to use the shaft of a screwdriver to get my battery door off... on isnt too much of a problem, you just got to push the first battery down, and push the door as hard as you can. Once you have it over the first battery, just do the same thing to the next, and slide it on all the way... Of corse, I did have to sand the bump, and all the edges down a bit, but thats not a real problem. :D

Micromag5371
03-13-2002, 09:15 PM
SORRY, BUT THE CAPS ARE NEEDED.

YOU PEOPLE SHOULDNT TAKE A RUBBER MALLET TO YOUR HOPPER. WHEN YOU HAVE BOTH 9 VOLS IN THE HOPPER, READY TO PUT THE COVER ON, PUT THE VERY TIP OF THE DOOR IN SO IT DOSNT TOUCH THE FIRST BATERY.(1) PUSH THE BATTERY INTO THE HOPPER WITH YOUR 2 THUMBS, (2)WHILE YOU SLIDE THE DOOR INTO THE HOPPER WITHYOUR INDEX FINGERS.

REPEAT STEPS 1 & 2 TO PUT COVER OVER BATTERY #2

LiLcCBOi26
03-17-2002, 04:03 AM
Do what micromag said, but when you are pushing the cap in, dont simply push it..push it with a quick, "powerful" jerk. that should pop it in..when u are taking it out, hold with with 2 thumbs, and give it the same powerful, quick push..i figured out that works perfectly..the problem lies under the cap..there is the rounded thing that makes the "click" sound when u slide it in/out..i guess you could try sanding that down A LITTLE..not too much otherwise it will keep falling out =)

hope any of this helps

xmetal2001
03-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Its normal, I just push as hard as i can on the first battery, slide the cover over and then do the same to the second.