PDA

View Full Version : is it leaking because of hte tank?

KOP_jedi_master
03-12-2002, 08:15 PM
ok....i have a post callled help leak in mag...but it is dead so im updating it with this one.

i dropped my 12 oz co2 tank....and it hit the top of the tank where the pin valve is....not on the pin valve but over to the side on the edge of it(in two spots)....and it mashed the edge against the o ring....also the threads are fine...but in two places that are not going to affect anything they are so small.

in my mag i have a vert adapter....i noticed that when i gas up the gun right when the pin is pushed down it leaks out of a hole in the back....lettting air get into the gun but it leaks horribly....you can still fire the gun and everything but it just leaks....very bad....first it starts out not bad but when you begin to shoot it, it gets worse....waists air....and obviously you cant play with it.....now ther are some other minor leaks in the gun but i cant tell if i fixed it untill theres no leak in the vert adapter.....i ordered a new 16 oz tank.....will it work now with my new tank?.....or will i need like an on off so i can get the tank all the way in before i activate the air flow.....help me i need the mag for a tourney....

Derek

Predater
03-12-2002, 08:59 PM
get nitro;) . ok the leak in the vert is probably your jacked tank. the leak out the velocity nut is probably unscrewed to far. screw it in and see if that helps. if you have to run co2 do a search on this forum with the title "co2". that will get you good info quick on the best way to use co2. but nitro will work beter than co2 ever can.

Omicron
03-12-2002, 10:16 PM
leak out the back...is this a leak out the back of the valve (velocity adjuster)?

If its the leak out the back like I think it is, then check out your regulator...Check if there's a regulator seat, and stuff.

KOP_jedi_master
03-13-2002, 12:07 AM
LOL when i said leak out the back i meant leaked out of the vert adapter where the hole is! LOL..sorry about that.

and yes i know i need nitro...i just cant afford it at the moment....there is a tourney coming up and i need all the practice i can get.....i can barely afford the entry fee and the paint prices(EXPENSIVE) but i cant afford to buy a 80 dollar nitro tank(all i can afford at the moment) and travel 45 minutes to the nearest proshop to get a measly 500 shots out of a 48 ci nitro tank.(again all ill be able to afford at the moment) in practice its a good day if i shoot less than 500 shots...i know its not the best thing to put through a mag...bnut its really not that bad....since co2 tanks are not that expensive than i can get several for about 50$.....2 20 oz if it matters.....and its a rookie tournement...i dont expect to see that much angels there.....but hey maybe we will win 2 and get a nitro tank(2nd place you win nitro tanks)

so you think it migh be the tank thats making the leak.......i guess i will have to try it out with a friends tank tommorow....

Derek keep the replys coming

Predater
03-13-2002, 11:38 AM
which whole? the one the tank screws in to or the one that has the air line on it? sorry about the co2 comment. i just wanted to save the time of the old " how can i run co2 in my mag" question.:rolleyes: not that you wer going to ask or any thing.;)

KOP_jedi_master
03-13-2002, 01:06 PM
the hole on the vert adapter \ :P sorry for not being more specific....the macroline and everything is fine and dandy....just....when i try to gas up the gun leaks out of that damn hole on the vert adapter...........im going home today and trying a frinds different tank.....maybe that should help...also going to go get some pt spacers....that might help my link

soilent green
03-13-2002, 01:44 PM
its the tank you need to get it back were it was this happened to me a long time ago take the O ring off and try to bend the edge back up useing vice grips or what ever you want or you can buy a nice new valve like the new on/off ones made by centerflag I think they are pretty nice