PDA

View Full Version : Dye Invasion Goggle System...who has them?

Cliffio
03-12-2002, 10:13 PM
ok i just myself a red/black invasion mask

my first impression is that its very compact, more-so than the spectra

but i took the thing apart and WOW, that was one of the hardest things ive every had to do!!!

is there an easy way to get the lenses out??
cause it was FREAKIN HARD

anyone else have any thoughts on this? i havent used it yet, but it looks comfy and has a wider field of vision

Cliff

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-12-2002, 11:56 PM
i've put them on in my store and they felt really comfortable. i haven't heard to many good things from them though. although i only talked to 2 people, both of them said they iddn't like it. go fig. oh, and it's called dye invIsion.

Cliffio
03-13-2002, 09:21 AM
ok invision

sorry
i never took the time to read the name of it, it was INV....something something so i just guessed

thanks

Cliff

Hysperion
03-13-2002, 09:52 AM
i like mine, they are VERY comfortable, only problem is it doesn't completely cover my ear or chin....o well, if I get hit there then I'll complain :)

spacemanspiff
03-13-2002, 02:10 PM
I have them and love them. So comfy, light, tight and nice field of vision.
something to ponder-if lenses were really easy to be taken out by hand. Would they be able to take the impact of a paintball. It might be a pain in the but to take out lenses in a mask. But that just insures me that the lenses can take the impact of a paintball.
And I think that the dye lenses are not to hard to take out. But thats my 2cents.

Cliffio
03-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by spacemanspiff
I have them and love them. So comfy, light, tight and nice field of vision.
something to ponder-if lenses were really easy to be taken out by hand. Would they be able to take the impact of a paintball. It might be a pain in the but to take out lenses in a mask. But that just insures me that the lenses can take the impact of a paintball.
And I think that the dye lenses are not to hard to take out. But thats my 2cents.

well i could have been doing it wrong but i dont think so, and yes i know about the impact and all that, but these were WAY harder than my flex 7 and its basically the same thing
just dunno why, im thinkin because instead of just pegs like the flex 7's they have hooks that you have to go over first

anyway, ill figure it out

Cliff

i just needed a new mask and wanted to try one
also-someone said somehting about ears and chin, well the proteus that i used for a while didnt cover my chin at all, and thats really why i stayed away from that mask, but the dye covers my whole face except for a little back part of my ears, where ive never taken a shot so im just gonna risk it
Cliff

OldSchoolMag
03-13-2002, 06:24 PM
I never got a reply from the guys at the DYE website on when they were gonna get their stuff together and tell me about the goggles, so I just went ahead with some JT NVaders, and I like 'em, but they're just TOO tight around the mouth! I mean, just putting them on the plastic rubs against my chin and there's so much that it gets hard to breath! Arg... I wish they'd make the Flex 7's more compact... ah, heaven...

OSM

Cliffio
03-13-2002, 06:32 PM
arent those invaders sold at wal-mart?

thought i saw some there, maybe not anymore, anyways
yeah thats what i really like about the dyes, because they arent as big in the face but there is lots of room to breathe, at least i think

i really do believe that these are superior to anything jt has right now, i could be wrong since i havent played with these yet, but so far they are better in my opinoin

i mean they have more field of vision, smaller profile, but the only thing i have beef with is the lenses, are they gonna make colored lenses?

Cliff

spacemanspiff
03-14-2002, 11:04 AM
Yes they do make colored lenses for the invision. And as for taking the lens in and out. I struggled at first but then got the hang of it. If you start in one corner and work your way around the bottom of the lens it makes it alittle easier to get them in. Hope that helps alittle.:)

Cliffio
03-14-2002, 07:10 PM
where can i get colored lenses?
just wondering

thanks
Cliff

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-14-2002, 07:35 PM
http://dyeprecision.com/ just go to the mask icon and you should find it.

spacemanspiff
03-14-2002, 07:54 PM
They are out of stock right now:( Probably have to call and see when they'll be in. I saw them in an online store but can't remember the site. If I do I'll post it cause I'm lookin for tinted lenses myself.

MikeCouves
03-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Flex 7 IZE for life!

Predater
03-14-2002, 08:15 PM
i use a spectra but need another mask. mine is so old the ear pieces are cracking. the linse and gogle is new so it dosnt bother me to use it. still blocks all impact like new. just cracks at the pivit points.

ill get to the point;) . post what you think of that mask. i want one but ive herd it might not cover my ears. remember to compare it to the spectra. thanks for all the help.

Telefragged
03-14-2002, 08:40 PM
You can buy new earpieces for the Flex-7 www.countypaintball.com and www.pbgear.net have them. I dont know about colors though...its worth taking a look and not buying a whole new mask for $30 more...