PDA

View Full Version : Warp!

Bartleby
03-12-2002, 10:22 PM
ALRIGHT! I'm getting a warp, just need to know where's the cheapest place to get it. And they better have PURPLE! I ain't gonna be buyin me no warp if they ain't got no PURPLE!! :D

PAINTBALLA01
03-12-2002, 10:58 PM
the cheapest place to get it is the agd name the team contest. as for purple i dont know if they make that or not. but just get blue it looks purple. we'll mine does anyways

Clare
03-13-2002, 12:00 AM
I got a purple warp for 75 bucks on ebay :D weeeeee

Bartleby
03-13-2002, 07:31 AM
see they do make purple....:D

The cheapest i found was 108 for purple plus 20 for shipping. if anyone can beat that let me know. Pleeeeeeeease......:D

Shaft
03-13-2002, 07:44 AM
GET CLEAR!!!! Dye it any color you want! RIT is good.

WARPS will rule the world!

Bartleby
03-13-2002, 05:38 PM
what is RIT?

manike
03-13-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

Capoeira, The Queen of E-bay :) have you found me any bargains yet?

manike

manike
03-13-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Bartleby
what is RIT?

It's a type of dye which is good for dyeing a lot of plastics and materials that paintball products are made of, such as warps, hoppers, delrin bolts, sticky grips etc...

manike

Bartleby
03-13-2002, 07:47 PM
ahhh......thanks manike.

theraidenproject
03-13-2002, 08:37 PM
RIT is marketed as a fabric dye, but like manike says its good for plastics. I've used it to dye two lacrosse sticks. it's about $5 for the amount you need for a lax stick (about 10(?) ounces), which i guess would be the same amount for warps. The trick with rit dye is to make sure the water is HOT before you add the dye. IIRC, the hotter the water, the deeper the color. If you want purple, use blue, but take it out kinda quickly. I did this inadvertantly with my first lax stick ;). Or, just find purple. You can find it at supermarkets and some drug stores.

this is my first lax stick that i dyed. i used blue, but as you can see, it came out purple. I also used water that wasnt as hot as it should've been. This stick, by the way, is for sale, $50 shipped if anyone's interested.

*edit* - in retrospect, i wouldnt reccomend using blue dye to get purple. With a clear warp, it would turn blue very quickly, but since my stick started out white, it turned out purple. I'm just speculating about dying due to my limited experience with RIT. Talk to someone who's actually dyed their warp for a REAL answer.

Bartleby
03-14-2002, 06:20 PM
alright, but still, where can i get it the cheapest?

jurassic
03-14-2002, 06:44 PM
Unless you want to buy used, $120 for a NEW clear Warp delivered to your house is about as cheap as you are going to find. I've done the search! Modified Paintball has the best price.
:cool:

Hemlock86
03-14-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

The whole set up?!?! Sweet!!!!

Maybe I should search Ebay for some stuff!!!

peace