PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the Mag Barrel

ThePatriot
03-12-2002, 11:16 PM
I just remembered something, when i was playing paintball last Saturday, my brother's friend was experimenting with his brand new Mag. He was having some issues with it working at first tho(i did as well) But his problem was his tank REG was loose WHEN THE TANK WAS FULL. So we had to fix that immediately, after that whenever he put on the barrel that came w/ his gun..(Smart parts progressive i believe) it would be ok. The second he fired(dry fire or not) however, the barrel would untwist itself, and could easily be pulled out. The barrel was stubborn SOB and did this numerous times...finally we put my brother's PMI ceramic on it, and had not one problem, i inspected the barrel and it worked fine on my gun as well. Any ideas on what went wrong??

virus
03-13-2002, 12:37 AM
well... seeing it worked good in your mag but kept coming loose in his.... try addin tension to the twistlock assembly in the body rail... just go in small amounts....

most likely either his twistlock is a little on the loose side or the channel in the barrel is a little on te deep side or a little of both.... but adjusting the twistlock tension should help

soilent green
03-13-2002, 02:07 PM
yea I think virus was right