PDA

View Full Version : Stange Leak Problem.

Jet-Xino
03-13-2002, 05:02 PM
I am having an interesting problem with gun leaking. I gas it up and everythings fine. Hold the trigger down fine no sprinkler. Fire it a couple time no problems. Fire a quick 5-6 shots and about the 6-7 shot it kind of burbs and I stop. Then fires another quick 6-7 shot and just at the ends it seems like there isnt enough pressure to push the bolt back. So I keep fireing and eventualy I get to a point where I keep fireing and start getting leaking down the barrel. Now I was thinking it was just the liquid C02 getting in or cold temps but I have my mag setup on a remote system to a 20oz tank the remote goes to a gas through stock then through a KAPP gas through for grip then into the valve. The temp is about 50-60 out. So with the temp and the remote I shouldnt be getting any liquid in so it has me baffled. Please help. I currently have the 215 power tube spacer in when I put any other in I get leaking down the barrel when I gas up. I'd like to get my mag up and working by this weekend.

Thanks in advance guys.

Ben

minimag187
03-13-2002, 05:25 PM
You put smaller spacers in right?:confused:

Jet-Xino
03-13-2002, 05:27 PM
Thats the problem 215 is the smallest spacer.

???

Smiles2480
03-13-2002, 05:53 PM
If you are using CO2 you will get that problem. The level 7 mag is not very friendly to the the cold temperaturs of CO2. When you fire a quick string of shot the temp of the gun will qucikly start to freeze. I had a friend that used CO2 in 70 degree weather but the shade and the gun would freeze on him. About the best thing in my opinion is that you see if you can get a high pressure tank. This should solve some of those problems.

Jet-Xino
03-13-2002, 05:58 PM
I realize with the cold I will have problems but shouldnt the remote stop most of that? I guess not. I have a small HPA tank but no where to fill it. Hopefull I can borrow my friends Palmer Stab had no problems when I used it before. Thanks.

Anyone else have any opinoins suggestions?

anthraxxx
03-13-2002, 08:54 PM
If the Stab fixed the problem then it sounds like you are freezing your mag. If you didn't have success with the Stab then I would consider lubing up your mag. If I read your description properly I think I was having the same issue, with the bolt not returning all the way (sear catching) and getting leaking down the barrel but for some reason if I pulled the trigger again something would happen stopping the leak. My guess is the jostling of the trigger loosened up something causing the bolt to catch the sear. I dropped a few drops in the oil holes and some in tha asa and dry fired and it seemed to have fixed everything. I am also waiting for a smaller spacer (215) to arrive so that I can try that as well (i have a spring still in my mag but it is the only thing that allows the mag to work fine, hopefully the 215 will help out).

Good luck man.