PDA

View Full Version : Halo owners, are they worth it?

MajorDamage
03-13-2002, 05:41 PM
I'm thinking about getting a halo, I don't know if I want one though because Ive heard they break paint and jam. How common is this? I don't want to have something that jams all the time(I used to own an eggolution...NIGHTMARE!). I also don't want to have a blender hooked up to my warpfeed! So whats the deal my fellow AOers!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ENDO!

Gecko
03-13-2002, 05:55 PM
I love my halo, it is the only thing that feeds my emag without chopping. I run my halo through a 12 volt warp feed and i love it. I have put 6 cases of paint through the gun with no chops set at 16 bps even in hybrid. I am still on my first set of batteries. I would say it has jammed twice and has blended one (they are a PAIN to clean). When i first recieved mine it didn't work, odysessy had a replacement to me in under a week. I can't say enough good things about my halo, i'm no longer afraid of the trigger on my emag.
Gecko

lonsch
03-13-2002, 06:05 PM
they are great. i would get one if i were you. i love mine and will never give it up.

pito189
03-13-2002, 06:14 PM
They are awesome. Haven't blended one ball inside, and don't think I will. It would be a good purchase. I agree with Gecko they are a _____ to clean.

Xzion
03-13-2002, 07:40 PM
The way I figure it, unless your shooting insane rates of fire with an electro or something, a Halo will probably be worth it. I personally figure with my ReTro Minimag and Warp combo doesn't call for a halo, the warp will catch up any slack that comes from a revvie or whatnot. Since my revvy was a BE version, with the delay, I just picked up an X-Board, and had an 'Evil' prop tossed in for free, both of which work great BTW, and is more than sufficent to meet my warps/ReTro Minimag's needs, mainly due to the warp which helps the loader play catchup should it need to. spending 20 bucks (USD)on an sufficent fix seems alot more practical than buying a new, expensive loader, which is probably overkill for a warp fed 'marker. Thats how I see it at least, perhaps someday I'll buy a HALO if/when the price drops, and/or its more practical for me to buy one.

2000Sabre
03-13-2002, 07:45 PM
I run a Warp/Halo combination on my SFL E-Mag and it work's great. I have not broken any paint inside the Halo. I have had a few balls jam but it was because the paint was old and misshapen. I think it's worth getting one. I've found it to be reliable and have not had any problems while playing a game.

steveg
03-13-2002, 08:33 PM
depends on how much Halo owners are going for

MajorDamage
03-13-2002, 08:37 PM
So when they jam, can you just skae them and unjam them, or not? My revvy will not keep up with my Emag(and I do have a warp too, but I like shooting long strings of paint at high rates of fire) unless I take it down to like 11bps. I want a halo, but not if its gonna die on me because of a jam, or blend lots of paint :)

ENDO!

Doobie
03-20-2002, 03:10 PM
I have one and love it. It can hang with my hyperframe, something my revy could not. I have not broken paint in it, but because of all the hype about how "hard" it is to clean and take apart, I took it apart last night. I was going to use the directions on the HALO web site, but decided not to. Will I be near a computer at the field? No. So I comenced to taking it apart, slowly. I'll admit...there are a lot of parts here, but I was intimidated taking my revy apart the first time. I was able to put it back toghether and it still works. I think it is quite easy, now that I have done it once and anyone with a reasonable mechanical skill should be able to do the same.
You may be able to shake them to unjam them, or you may have to reach in and clear the jam. I wouldn't know. Mine has not jamed yet.:D I guess it would depend on the nature of the jam.
Hope I helped.
Doobie

21caballer
03-20-2002, 06:35 PM
mine works fine most of the time. i did have one ball jam in the 'pipe' and it was imposible to clear. it was at the begining of game. i tryed everything including unloading everything into my jersey but still couldn't get the ball out. ended up feeding my gun by unplugging powerfeed and hand loading about 5 balls at a time. it didn't work very well at all.

toymyster
03-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Major, why don't you try increasing the dwell time on your warp??? That could solve your problem, then you can ponder purchasing a HALO if you like!!!

magic55
03-20-2002, 09:41 PM
i hate mine and refuse to ever use it again. the first time i used it it was just heavy and annoyingly large compared to my rev. but i played with it and figured it wasn't that bad although it was jamming up and stuff. the next day i played with it it jammed chopped and just pissed me off so bad that i wouldn't ever use one again. its to heavy to be worth the extra two or three bps. and its not made well for my standerds. if it doesn't work then why use it. i see most other peoples work fine and thats good but besides mine breaking paint and jamming its to heavy like i said and weight in a gun to me is not a good thing cause it slows you down and makes your snaps not as fast as they could be.

MajorDamage
03-20-2002, 09:46 PM
My dwell is set nice on my warp, but if you sit there and sit looong strings of paint the revvy just dosnt cut it! :D

ENDO!

Jordan-APL
03-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Warp/HALO guy here too.I have been shotting this combo for three weeks now and i love it.Havent any problems yet ::knock on wood::.