PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been here?? http://members.tripod.com/MagOwnersWebpage/

GallagherAtWar
03-13-2002, 08:42 PM
http://members.tripod.com/MagOwnersWebpage/

i think some 1 need to get the page looking good and get it reorginized

it has a good idea with the tips section i think automags.org copy that it whould be great

Chri$

davej946
03-14-2002, 08:51 AM
I just checked it out. Not too impressed. Can't hold a candle to AO. BTW, I saw this:

-The length of the barrel does change performance of the gun. Generally, the longer barrels have less arc, farther distance, and are quieter. The problem with long barrels are that they get in the way when you are playing tight to a bunker. So we recommend 14" inch barrels.
some people need to be enlightened...

Later ~

LaW
03-14-2002, 10:48 AM
not as good as this part :)

-There is only one good bolt on the market for Mags. The ANS Venturi Bolt is the ONE. This bolt will not only add range and make it more accurate, it will make your gun alot quieter and prevents ball breakage because of the foamy in the middle.

Now I loved my ANS bolt but haha the claims he put in here it's great.

cphilip
03-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Well I hate to be so harsh on them but most of their tips are down right wrong and not very helpfull. And the site is hard to read. And read some of the comments. Seems there is a group of Mag folks who have not discoverd AO. They have no idea who we are. They think this group of tips is just the most wonderfull stuff ever and its hardly anything and some of it is downright harmfull. And notice they do not link us at all. Think I will introduce us to them and lets see how long it stays there.

cphilip
03-14-2002, 12:32 PM
I also have a real problem with this little nugget from their home page:

"Welcome to our webpage! Mag Owner's Webpage brings the Mag Family line of Paintball Markers, (68AutoMag, Minimag, AutoMag RT etc.) together. Paintball players around the world come here to hang around and exchange details on our beautiful guns. We (and you) offer tips and tricks to customize and to bring your "Mag" to life. We are the only one who has made it to the top on Airgun Designs front page. As you can see, we are continuous updating this page. Visit us frequently as our webpage grows! (Please reload/refreash often and bookmark this page!). If you have any questions at all, please feel free to e-mail us! Use the menu on the left to browse our webpage!

I bolded the "un-truth"

cphilip
03-14-2002, 12:44 PM
I have sent them a nice email about that.

Also it seems you cannot leave a comment or at least mine failed to post.

cphilip
03-14-2002, 12:47 PM
Interesting...their email bounced back as undeliverable.

Miscue
03-14-2002, 01:12 PM
Haha, their crap info reminds me of AO pre-AGD takeover. :)

FeelTheRT
03-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Haha, their crap info reminds me of AO pre-AGD takeover. :)

This site is extreamly old... been there for a few years actuall, concidering they are recommending to sand down the bolt and what not, i doubt they even still own a Mag..

cphilip
03-14-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT

This site is extreamly old...

That might explain some things then.

Buckwheat
03-14-2002, 01:33 PM
If they have been to the AGD site, how could they not know about AO?

Seems there is a group of Mag folks who have not discoverd AO. They have no idea who we are.

cphilip
03-14-2002, 01:36 PM
Thats why Feels comments might make some sense. If it was that old they wouldn't have been. And since I cannot get anything to post it might be a dead soldier. (sorry Army figure of speach );)

GallagherAtWar
03-14-2002, 09:18 PM
the last update was 1999 :)

opps

well still i think AGD should adopt their method of tips because every one that comes on here usally ask like the same three questions, i have 300 $$ what should i buy, booyaa or hyperframe (or some trigger frame question) and well i know there's 2 but there is a third. so if AO has their way of summitting tips and stuff then i think the site would be alot better. also the FAQ on the AO page needs to be updated and have more Q's in it

my 4cents

<Hr15

Army
03-14-2002, 09:56 PM
That was Andy's 2nd try at a paintball page/forum. Andy is the originator of AO from way back, he dropped out of sight for a super long time when suddenly that site appeared.

It is no longer in use, and Andy has again disappeared from sight.