PDA

View Full Version : pick test

Predater
03-13-2002, 08:58 PM
its my trigger stop if it worked.;)

FeelTheRT
03-13-2002, 09:35 PM
why would u need that trigger stop for that intelliframe?? your just gonna short stroke.

zads27
03-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Here comes the tweaking factor again, to mess up AGD's beautiful parts ;)
Might cause unnecessary wear on your sear or something, tell us when it messes something up :)

Predater
03-13-2002, 10:00 PM
the frame is on a rt. when i shoot the trigger never hits the stop. and ive used it for a couple of months and havnt short stroked it yet. i have wondered about the sear but i dont hit the stop anyway so i cant see how it will affect anything. got any other thaughts?

Mossman
03-13-2002, 11:27 PM
ummmm.....u just proved your work pointless

liigod
03-13-2002, 11:50 PM
good job, a nice mod.

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-14-2002, 12:05 AM
if it doesn't hit the stop, what's the point in having it?

Chupas2
03-14-2002, 08:35 AM
Nice. Before our team went to e-mags all of us shot double triggers with trigger stops. No problems with anything. Plus it is a little harder to short stroke it because there is less travel in the trigger which means you don't have as far forward for your finger to go.

Bartleby
03-14-2002, 11:29 AM
right......i still think you all are missing something. like Mossman and TheBigRagu said, what's the point of it if the trigger doesn't even touch the stop?

exactly.....

Panzerr
03-14-2002, 11:45 AM
tinkering is fun...

kickass68mag
03-14-2002, 12:16 PM
tinkering may be fun but what is the point of tinkering if it isn't going to do anything ??

Panzerr
03-14-2002, 12:20 PM
The act of tinkering is known to reduce stress, promote a healthy sex drive and regulate bowel movements ;)

Miscue
03-14-2002, 01:15 PM
<B>*Miscue puts a Ferrari sticker mod on his truck because he believes it will then go faster*</B> :p

MikeCouves
03-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Well that point was to sell people how to do the trigger stop. It could prove quite useful actually, especially with Benchmark triggers, because they are long and soft triggers. You can engage the sear about halfway along the trigger swing, so that's alot of useless trigger slack. You can fix that with this trigger stop.

Also with RT's, it you are having trouble finding the sweet spot on your trigger, and you would like to use it alot. You could have the trigger stop at a good point where you could hold the sweet spot but could still shoot single.

It IS a good idea! Geez guys...

cphilip
03-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Well... its an old idea too. I had a benchy with just this very Mod and more done to it over two years ago. But for a benchy it is the correct thing to do.

jah871
03-14-2002, 02:30 PM
i have a set screw on my zgrip and the trigger comes about 1-2mm from it and it will fire but it hits it ever time. i think it reduces a lot of shortstroking because there isnt all that extra play after the gun shoots.

X-Plosive
03-14-2002, 03:54 PM
jah are you using a ReTro valve? With a ReTro your finger is instantly pushed back and with the stock valve there is very little if any play after the gun fires. I understand the triggerstop on a benchmark though. The intelliframe has very little slop after the gun has fired and that was purposely put there to prevent short stroking.

jah871
03-14-2002, 05:29 PM
i have a retro, but i like how it feels with the stop and it hasnt caused me any problems. my friend has a retromag with intelliframe and it is 10x easier to shortstroke then mine is.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-14-2002, 06:04 PM
don't fix it if it's not broken! the trigger is allready perfect. don't touch.

Predater
03-14-2002, 07:57 PM
i did it cuz i got bored at work one day and my gun was all ready tore apart. someone wanted to see how simple the desighn is:) . it helps if you get heavy on the trigger for one shot and pull it farther than the reactive stage. when you release it, its not much farther than when using the reactiveness so less short stroking cuz of a suddin longer pull. i originally did it to a benchy so i had done it before and figured others had too. i did it to my bency in may of 97. got it when i turned 15. i just didnt like the pull of the benchy.

i wouldnt make it stop the trigger before the reactive stage cuz that would just flat out screw up the gun;) .

im glad that not all beople gripe about and say it will hurt the gun when they havnt used it or know anything about it. no flaiming intended.