PDA

View Full Version : Chopping on a Retro Mag

willboy_2
03-13-2002, 09:07 PM
:eek: ......I have a Mag with powerfeed, a revolution, and am thinking about putting a retro on it. I heard a rumer that it will chop bad. Is this true?:confused:

nutz
03-13-2002, 09:11 PM
no way...

i used to have a pf retro mag with intelli frame and i ran my revvy on it and it really never chopped... once i got the trigger down good i could rip on it and not chop... i used to get compliments sometimes on how fast i shot. :D

Predater
03-13-2002, 09:28 PM
the only way it will chop is if you out shoot your hopper. i love my rt. (its the same as a retro). it shoots really fast. most people at my field can get it to shoot as fast as the electros. i wouldnt trade it for anything. but remember it can and will outshoot a revy if you have a high input for reactiveness. i use mine at 900psi. its great but i have to be carefull to not out shoot my intellifed revy.

talls
03-13-2002, 10:34 PM
The chopping issue is a myth. I rarely break balls, but I have shortstroked many times before. The mag trigger is like driving a stick-some get it faster than others and some can never learn to shoot it. The only way a mag will chop more than any other gun is human error and this is the same with all mechanical guns. The first thing I learned in sports is don't listen to the opinions of others. Most of the bashing of a product you will hear is by some little kid that has played one time and things he is a paintball god and can tell you what is and isn't good. There are times though to listen when things are going wrong. Never listen to opinions only fact, ex. listen to hopper jamming issues not the Halo is garbage because it is heavy. You get my drift? I have found that in almost all aspects in life it is better to try it and discover what will/will not work yourself than to go by an opinion of someone else.

theraidenproject
03-13-2002, 11:17 PM
testify, brother! those are some real truths right there, talls. anyway, i've shot a retro, and it didnt chop at all. What it did do, though, was shoot amazingly well. ive seen people play with retros on numerous occasions, no chops. Not only will it work fine, but you'll be extremely pleased :D