PDA

View Full Version : a simple idea for my Man Tom

gretch6364
03-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Tom,
I was lying in bed tonight dreaming of a beutiful red sefl e-mag when a random thought came to my mind. Being the great man that you are i am sure you are very familiar with the way a valve based paintball gun works. ex. the bushmater or autococker. What if you took the electronics of the e-mag and changed them a little to create a similar valve type system to create a lower operating pressure gun that will be easier on paint. Here is my idea: cut the tail of the back of the sear that opens the on/off in the rt valve. The place a notch in the front of the sear that would be where the bolt is fully forward. The you would place a second seleniod to control the on/off. When the gun was fired the bolt would be realeased, then the on/off would be open by the second seleniod and held open for an elctronically adjustable time period. The bolt would be held forward by the notch in the sear (which would return to the up position when the bolt was forward) holding the front of the air chamber ope to allow free flow(like the way a hammer in an angel hold the valve open for a set period of time, the dwell). The valve would then be released and then the bolt realeased and allowed to return it resting position by the spring. I would imagine that the on/off flows plenty fast enough, and if not you could surely design it to do so. The gun would obviously need new software, and another seleniod, but it could be a factory add on modification. This thougth just came to me and i thougth i would send it your way. Thank you for everything you have done for this great sport we all love so much, and i would really like to hear back from you whether positive feedback or negative.
Nathan

AGD
03-14-2002, 12:04 AM
Interesting idea but the on/off will not flow enough to fire the ball by just opening it up.

AGD

Butterfingers
03-14-2002, 12:19 AM
read and be enlightened, its not pressure.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26842

gretch6364
03-14-2002, 08:04 AM
i know that guy. But the lower pressure does alot of different things that make the gun feel different. Tom i figured you would have to rdesign the on/off and put a lighter bolt spring in it.

gretch6364
03-14-2002, 08:09 AM
oh not to mention i am sure Tom is trying to make a little bit of money with his business and low pressure sells whether it works or not